• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newtown parents complain to the HTFD Courant"on the blood of their dead children"

Edward Peruta

Newtown parents complain to the HTFD Courant"on the blood of their dead children"

What goes around comes around.

12 Families of Newtown victims seem upset with those that don't listen to their pleas, and believe that funds were raised on the blood of their dead children.

I for one believe that those that oppose the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms used the blood of the Newtown Children to further their political goals and asperations.

They didn't care about our concerns or frustrations, so I'm not going to worry about theirs.

I predict that it's only a matter of time before lawsuits are filed!!!

Here is the link to the Courant Story. http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-sandyhook-families-unitedway-20130705,0,2166228.story

"In a meeting with The Courant this week, members of 12 of the families agreed to speak about their frustrations on the condition that their names not be published. The group has been battling with the Newtown-Sandy Hook Community Foundation Inc. for months over the dispersement of the fund.

The family members say the group has ignored their pleas to bring in an independent party to oversee the process.

The foundation has maintained it was never intended to be a victim's compensation fund and that the $7.7 million that will go to the 40 families is more than fair, while family members say they have lost all trust in the board which raised money on the blood of their dead children."

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Wait a minute. How can the non-recipients of gifts complain? I'm thinking the only people who have standing to complain about disbursements are the donors.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Wait a minute. How can the non-recipients of gifts complain? I'm thinking the only people who have standing to complain about disbursements are the donors.

Unless FRAUD can be established. If the money was raised for and on behalf of the victims families and then either not dispersed or diverted; then fraud. Once fraud is established I say ALL should sue... both the potential recipients and the donors!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its a private organization .. they can do with their funds however they wish, for the most part.

They do not have to listen to the newton parents of the slain children

Quite frankly, I was more disturbed by PA13-1 ... the gov't 1st act this year ... to give $$$ to workers