Thread: Giffords and husband at it again !

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar

Thumbs down Giffords and husband at it again !

At a stop in Nevada, Kelly said through their "research we have found that a lot of criminals buy guns at gun shows and over the Internet and that needs to change."

http://news.yahoo.com/gabby-giffords...-politics.html

When do the defenders of Liberty like us get to refute these false statements?
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

The one I loved

was when they went to Alaska earlier in the week to bring pressure on the rep from Nevada????????

I have never understood Victicrat logic, but I fail to see how going to Alaska to spew brings pressure on Nevada??????

LOL Oh, wait. I'm sorry. I tried to make Victicrat thinking logical.

WHAT was I thinking?

;>) Carry on.

From a Department of Justice study"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    At a stop in Nevada, Kelly said through their "research we have found that a lot of criminals buy guns at gun shows and over the Internet and that needs to change."

"The offenders were incarcerated from crimes committed with handguns, and this is how they reported how they obtained the guns:""

Licensed gun dealer: 11 percent
    Friends or family: 39.5 percent
    "The street:" 37.5 percent
    Stolen gun: 9.9 percent
    Gun show/Flea market: 1.7 percent

I got mine from the government. Where did they get their data from????????

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    When will criminals learn never to shoot a politician in the head. Their brain is a peanut size target.

I saw a news article where she went to a firing range to do some shooting in preparation for this campaign. If she has brain damage how can she have a firearm? I would think it would be illegal given that she more than likely has lasting mental defects from her injury. I also wonder if it was her husband that loaded the gun, and explained what she was doing, but without having been there we might never know the truth. She/He is playing the sympathy angle for gun control to the hilt.
    Last edited by nuc65; 07-07-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    I saw a news article where she went to a firing range to do some shooting in preparation for this campaign. If she has brain damage how can she have a firearm? I would think it would be illegal given that she more than likely has lasting mental defects from her injury. I also wonder if it was her husband that loaded the gun, and explained what she was doing, but without having been there we might never know the truth. She/He is playing the sympathy angle for gun control to the hilt.
    You're right, there, on the sympathy bit! And, after I posted this, my wife said that she saw this story on the TV news, and in fact while she (Gabby) was "shooting" at the range, the video showed the husband having to "help" her just lay it down on the table after firing it. She looked to my wife to be pretty incapable of handling the weapon even to that point. Sad. But VERY political . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

I don't think she was very smart to begin with. Her attacker sent her nasty messages repeatedly, and she did not bother to have security. I can understand them being upset over her being shot. But when the killer repeatedly tells you he hates you, or whatever and you are public figure, common sense should set in. Not go out in public with no security and say "Here I am!". Most likely her hubby has political aspirations, and he is going to ride this for all it is worth.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

(scene from "Welcome Back Mr. Kotter")

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I don't think she was very smart to begin with. Her attacker sent her nasty messages repeatedly, and she did not bother to have security. I can understand them being upset over her being shot. But when the killer repeatedly tells you he hates you, or whatever and you are public figure, common sense should set in. Not go out in public with no security and say "Here I am!". Most likely her hubby has political aspirations, and he is going to ride this for all it is worth.

Oooooh! Ooooooh! Mr. Kotter! I know! (hand waving in the air) Maybe he thinks he can be the next Senator John Glenn ?!

Oooooh! Ooooooh! Mr. Kotter! I know! (hand waving in the air) ....
    Sit down, Horshack. We need spomeone with the brainpower of DebraLee Rosalie Totsy* or Bambi to figure this one out.

stay safe.

* Can I at least get partial credit for not forgetting DebraLee Scott's character?
    Last edited by skidmark; 07-08-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: accurate citation
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Sorry Old Virginia Joe, but I don't see that quote as being necessarily false...,

what I do see is semantics at play, like when I replied to Peter Nap's post about "Aholes". Now, if the "astronut" had sad "most criminals" instead of "a lot of criminals", then I'd agree that it was false. I'd also say that I believe it was worded that way as to make it fairly misleading, but not exactly false. How many criminals, "a lot", yeah, but how many is a lot? Too many! True or false? Semantics, dontcha' just love it?

But I do agree Old Virginia Joe, someone needs to counter that propaganda with, as Paul Harvey used to say, "and now, the rest of the story."

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Re: Giffords and husband at it again !

Oooooh! Ooooooh! Mr. Kotter! I know! (hand waving in the air)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Sit down, Horshack. We need spomeone with the brainpower of DebraLee Rosalie Totsy* or Bambi to figure this one out.

stay safe.

* Can I at least get partial credit for not forgetting DebraLee Scott's character?
    Full points to both posters for effective use of the Wayback Machine!

Sorry, folks. Back to topic.

Giffords and husband at it again !

Maybe they would have a better time accepting the fact that they were wrong if they read the presidential directed CDC study on firearms.

http://www.guns.com/2013/06/27/cdc-r...cking-results/

The study also looked at the source of guns used by most criminals, which helps to see partly why “there is empirical evidence that gun turn in programs are ineffective.”

“More recent prisoner surveys suggest that stolen guns account for only a small percentage of guns used by convicted criminals. … According to a 1997 survey of inmates, approximately 70 percent of the guns used or possessed by criminals at the time of their arrest came from family or friends, drug dealers, street purchases, or the underground market.”
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I have a problem with "they".

I hope she regains the full use of her senses and realizes what this twit of a husband of hers has done to her.