• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Giffords and husband at it again !

va_tazdad

The one I loved

was when they went to Alaska earlier in the week to bring pressure on the rep from Nevada????????

I have never understood Victicrat logic, but I fail to see how going to Alaska to spew brings pressure on Nevada??????

LOL Oh, wait. I'm sorry. I tried to make Victicrat thinking logical.

WHAT was I thinking?

;>) Carry on.

va_tazdad

From a Department of Justice study"

At a stop in Nevada, Kelly said through their "research we have found that a lot of criminals buy guns at gun shows and over the Internet and that needs to change."

http://news.yahoo.com/gabby-giffords-meets-george-h-w-bush-gun-004815931--abc-news-politics.html

When do the defenders of Liberty like us get to refute these false statements?

"The offenders were incarcerated from crimes committed with handguns, and this is how they reported how they obtained the guns:""

Licensed gun dealer: 11 percent
Friends or family: 39.5 percent
"The street:" 37.5 percent
Stolen gun: 9.9 percent
Gun show/Flea market: 1.7 percent

I got mine from the government. Where did they get their data from????????

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
When will criminals learn never to shoot a politician in the head. Their brain is a peanut size target.

nuc65

Activist Member
I saw a news article where she went to a firing range to do some shooting in preparation for this campaign. If she has brain damage how can she have a firearm? I would think it would be illegal given that she more than likely has lasting mental defects from her injury. I also wonder if it was her husband that loaded the gun, and explained what she was doing, but without having been there we might never know the truth. She/He is playing the sympathy angle for gun control to the hilt.

Last edited:

Old Virginia Joe

I saw a news article where she went to a firing range to do some shooting in preparation for this campaign. If she has brain damage how can she have a firearm? I would think it would be illegal given that she more than likely has lasting mental defects from her injury. I also wonder if it was her husband that loaded the gun, and explained what she was doing, but without having been there we might never know the truth. She/He is playing the sympathy angle for gun control to the hilt.

You're right, there, on the sympathy bit! And, after I posted this, my wife said that she saw this story on the TV news, and in fact while she (Gabby) was "shooting" at the range, the video showed the husband having to "help" her just lay it down on the table after firing it. She looked to my wife to be pretty incapable of handling the weapon even to that point. Sad. But VERY political . . . . .

WalkingWolf

I don't think she was very smart to begin with. Her attacker sent her nasty messages repeatedly, and she did not bother to have security. I can understand them being upset over her being shot. But when the killer repeatedly tells you he hates you, or whatever and you are public figure, common sense should set in. Not go out in public with no security and say "Here I am!". Most likely her hubby has political aspirations, and he is going to ride this for all it is worth.

Old Virginia Joe

(scene from "Welcome Back Mr. Kotter")

I don't think she was very smart to begin with. Her attacker sent her nasty messages repeatedly, and she did not bother to have security. I can understand them being upset over her being shot. But when the killer repeatedly tells you he hates you, or whatever and you are public figure, common sense should set in. Not go out in public with no security and say "Here I am!". Most likely her hubby has political aspirations, and he is going to ride this for all it is worth.

Oooooh! Ooooooh! Mr. Kotter! I know! (hand waving in the air) Maybe he thinks he can be the next Senator John Glenn ?!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Oooooh! Ooooooh! Mr. Kotter! I know! (hand waving in the air) ....

Sit down, Horshack. We need spomeone with the brainpower of [strike]DebraLee[/strike] Rosalie Totsy* or Bambi to figure this one out.

stay safe.

* Can I at least get partial credit for not forgetting DebraLee Scott's character?

Last edited:

sidestreet

Sorry Old Virginia Joe, but I don't see that quote as being necessarily false...,

At a stop in Nevada, Kelly said through their "research we have found that a lot of criminals buy guns at gun shows and over the Internet and that needs to change."

http://news.yahoo.com/gabby-giffords-meets-george-h-w-bush-gun-004815931--abc-news-politics.html

When do the defenders of Liberty like us get to refute these false statements?

what I do see is semantics at play, like when I replied to Peter Nap's post about "Aholes". Now, if the "astronut" had sad "most criminals" instead of "a lot of criminals", then I'd agree that it was false. I'd also say that I believe it was worded that way as to make it fairly misleading, but not exactly false. How many criminals, "a lot", yeah, but how many is a lot? Too many! True or false? Semantics, dontcha' just love it?

But I do agree Old Virginia Joe, someone needs to counter that propaganda with, as Paul Harvey used to say, "and now, the rest of the story."

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

b0neZ

Oooooh! Ooooooh! Mr. Kotter! I know! (hand waving in the air)

Sit down, Horshack. We need spomeone with the brainpower of [strike]DebraLee[/strike] Rosalie Totsy* or Bambi to figure this one out.

stay safe.

* Can I at least get partial credit for not forgetting DebraLee Scott's character?

Full points to both posters for effective use of the Wayback Machine!

Sorry, folks. Back to topic.

MagiK_SacK

Maybe they would have a better time accepting the fact that they were wrong if they read the presidential directed CDC study on firearms.

http://www.guns.com/2013/06/27/cdc-releases-study-on-gun-violence-with-shocking-results/

The study also looked at the source of guns used by most criminals, which helps to see partly why “there is empirical evidence that gun turn in programs are ineffective.”

“More recent prisoner surveys suggest that stolen guns account for only a small percentage of guns used by convicted criminals. … According to a 1997 survey of inmates, approximately 70 percent of the guns used or possessed by criminals at the time of their arrest came from family or friends, drug dealers, street purchases, or the underground market.”

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I have a problem with "they".

I hope she regains the full use of her senses and realizes what this twit of a husband of hers has done to her.