Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win or lose OC lunch in Jefferson City 9/14

Win or lose OC lunch in Jefferson City 9/14

Hopefully HB436 will be over turned in the veto session starting Sept. 11th.
    Many have talked about having a State wide OC gathering. This just might be the time.

When Saturday, September 14, 2013. 12:00pm.
    Whether the veto of HB436 is over turned or not we've always talked about a State wide open carry gathering.

Good food, friendly atmosphere, centrally located in Missouri.

This place is OC friendly and no CCW is required. Web page: http://www.riasjc.com/

If you truely want to meet the OCers from around the State of Misosuri this seems to be a good place to meet up.

If you are on other discussion forums, please post this....
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-18-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: add date to title
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I'll probably be able to make one or the other between this and the actual veto session rally on the 11th. The rally on the 11th comes first.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I'm hoping some of the KC side wil make the trek!
    Last edited by mspgunner; 07-07-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

I'm going to do my best, but like Oramac, the Rally on the 11th will be my priority of the two events. Have to see where things fall as the date gets closer. I can take the time off from my current employer, but as I'm also job hunting too (want to move on to better things) who knows if I'll have a different career and how they might react to the time off requests.

Hope to do both....However, should be able to at least make one.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Hope to do both....However, should be able to at least make one.

The permit is a work in progress, I'l lpost when secure. Th eVeto session in the House Starts at 12:00 noon. It is way to oearly to know if HB436 wil be called at all or that day.
    Stay tuned. The Lunch will be held Sat. Sept. 14th either way...

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    The permit is a work in progress, I'l lpost when secure. Th eVeto session in the House Starts at 12:00 noon. It is way to oearly to know if HB436 wil be called at all or that day.
    Stay tuned. The Lunch will be held Sat. Sept. 14th either way...
    Marc, your drunk. Go home.

(Cite spelling)
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    Marc, your drunk. Go home.

(Cite spelling)
    My spell'n aimnt good and I dont use speal chek neither....
    I don't drinc, I cary a shoot'n iron.....

hey, check your mail, I sent you sum thin...........

I read fluent typo... it's a skill from many years of computer usage.

Quote Originally Posted by JEStucker View Post
    I read fluent typo... it's a skill from many years of computer usage.
    +1.

But if we all start using L337 Sp33k I'm going to scream. I spent way too long reading that crap when I played Warcraft. It gets really old really fast.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

HB183 just passed in Illinois, so they now have Conceal Carry.

I'm taking that as a good sign that Nixon's Veto will be over-ridden here in Missouri.

HB183 just passed in Illinois, so they now have Conceal Carry.

I'm taking that as a good sign that Nixon's Veto will be over-ridden here in Missouri.
    One has nothing to do with the other. HB436 wil be over turned if the pro-2A majority holds together, there are no other factors.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 07-09-2013 at 05:48 PM.

West side needed

There will be no greater opportunity for an east:west meet up then the Jefferson City met up Sept. 14th. Take the time, make the drive. It's a long haul for everyone unless you live in Central Missouri...Worth the time!

Hi all. Kind of a new lurker here. I'm hoping to make it to one or both events perhaps with some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bigb360 View Post
    Hi all. Kind of a new lurker here. I'm hoping to make it to one or both events perhaps with some friends.
    The rally permit for Sept, 11th should be final in two or three days. Safe to say we wil not get the Rotunda, booked. We will most likely be on th efront steps/lawn. Details of speakers is already inprogress. As well as a few other things....... The "rally" is sponsored by GRAA/Gun Rights Across America.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 07-11-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: wrong date!

One has nothing to do with the other. HB436 wil be over turned if the pro-2A majority holds together, there are no other factors.
    Just stating that a lot of folks seem to think that its a miracle to get a veto overturned.

If Illinois can overturn a veto on a gun law, the we damn better should be able to.

Just stating that a lot of folks seem to think that its a miracle to get a veto overturned.

If Illinois can overturn a veto on a gun law, the we damn better should be able to.
    Goo dpoint. I think there is a very good chance it wil lbe over turned. Wheels are spinning and I'm doing my small share..
    Retirement is good! To darn busy to work anyway. I hope the west side will come out for the veto session if not lunch Saturday in J.C. as well.
    This could be the greatest OC meet and greet ever........

Yeah I don't get this sentiment. They passed the bill with veto proof majorities anyway. Have these very conservative legislators had big changes of heart in such a short time? I think we have reason to be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigb360 View Post
    Yeah I don't get this sentiment. They passed the bill with veto proof majorities anyway. Have these very conservative legislators had big changes of heart in such a short time? I think we have reason to be optimistic.
    It's not a miracle, but it's not automatic either. The House Speaker has already said there's going to be a vote, by the President Pro Tem of Senate (Sen. Dempsey) has been silent on the subject. I'd much rather assume it's impossible and work to ensure it, than to assume it's a lock and do nothing.

Goo dpoint. I think there is a very good chance it wil lbe over turned. Wheels are spinning and I'm doing my small share..
    Retirement is good! To darn busy to work anyway. I hope the west side will come out for the veto session if not lunch Saturday in J.C. as well.
    This could be the greatest OC meet and greet ever........
    So, I'd love to be there, but I'm unlikely to be able to make both days. From what I remember, veto override sessions are blissfully brief in Missouri, so it seems like my efforts would be better spent at the rally than at the luncheon (even though I love to eat.) What is the consensus on that?

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    So, I'd love to be there, but I'm unlikely to be able to make both days. From what I remember, veto override sessions are blissfully brief in Missouri, so it seems like my efforts would be better spent at the rally than at the luncheon (even though I love to eat.) What is the consensus on that?
    If you make one or the other, your participation is appreciated. Both are good. Paul Curtman wil be at the lunch, that is a good thing. He had the guts to introduce our bill, that is worth a drive to J.C.

Redacted
    mspgunner, please confirm. I thought the veto session was September 11th, not the 12th? A permit on the 12th won't be very effective if the veto session is already over before the rally starts.

EDIT: confirmed veto session on the 11th.
    Last edited by Oramac; 07-11-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    mspgunner, please confirm. I thought the veto session was September 11th, not the 12th? A permit on the 12th won't be very effective if the veto session is already over before the rally starts.
    It is the 11th.. Holly cats!

I went back and changed the post I screwed up!
    Last edited by mspgunner; 07-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Re: Win or lose OC lunch in Jefferson City

How long does the veto session last?

Quote Originally Posted by jimogden View Post
    How long does the veto session last?
    Maximum of 10 days according to the MO constitution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast