• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Win or lose OC lunch in Jefferson City 9/14

mspgunner

Hopefully HB436 will be over turned in the veto session starting Sept. 11th.
Many have talked about having a State wide OC gathering. This just might be the time.

When Saturday, September 14, 2013. 12:00pm.
Whether the veto of HB436 is over turned or not we've always talked about a State wide open carry gathering.

Good food, friendly atmosphere, centrally located in Missouri.

This place is OC friendly and no CCW is required. Web page: http://www.riasjc.com/

If you truely want to meet the OCers from around the State of Misosuri this seems to be a good place to meet up.

If you are on other discussion forums, please post this....

Last edited by a moderator:

Oramac

I'll probably be able to make one or the other between this and the actual veto session rally on the 11th. The rally on the 11th comes first.

JEStucker

I'm going to do my best, but like Oramac, the Rally on the 11th will be my priority of the two events. Have to see where things fall as the date gets closer. I can take the time off from my current employer, but as I'm also job hunting too (want to move on to better things) who knows if I'll have a different career and how they might react to the time off requests.

mspgunner

Hope to do both....However, should be able to at least make one.

The permit is a work in progress, I'l lpost when secure. Th eVeto session in the House Starts at 12:00 noon. It is way to oearly to know if HB436 wil be called at all or that day.
Stay tuned. The Lunch will be held Sat. Sept. 14th either way...

kylemoul

The permit is a work in progress, I'l lpost when secure. Th eVeto session in the House Starts at 12:00 noon. It is way to oearly to know if HB436 wil be called at all or that day.
Stay tuned. The Lunch will be held Sat. Sept. 14th either way...

Marc, your drunk. Go home.
:lol:

(Cite spelling)

mspgunner

HB183 just passed in Illinois, so they now have Conceal Carry.

I'm taking that as a good sign that Nixon's Veto will be over-ridden here in Missouri.

One has nothing to do with the other. HB436 wil be over turned if the pro-2A majority holds together, there are no other factors.

Last edited:

mspgunner

West side needed

There will be no greater opportunity for an east:west meet up then the Jefferson City met up Sept. 14th. Take the time, make the drive. It's a long haul for everyone unless you live in Central Missouri...Worth the time!

bigb360

Hi all. Kind of a new lurker here. I'm hoping to make it to one or both events perhaps with some friends.

mspgunner

Hi all. Kind of a new lurker here. I'm hoping to make it to one or both events perhaps with some friends.

The rally permit for Sept, 11th should be final in two or three days. Safe to say we wil not get the Rotunda, booked. We will most likely be on th efront steps/lawn. Details of speakers is already inprogress. As well as a few other things....... The "rally" is sponsored by GRAA/Gun Rights Across America.

Last edited:

JEStucker

One has nothing to do with the other. HB436 wil be over turned if the pro-2A majority holds together, there are no other factors.

Just stating that a lot of folks seem to think that its a miracle to get a veto overturned.

If Illinois can overturn a veto on a gun law, the we damn better should be able to.

mspgunner

Just stating that a lot of folks seem to think that its a miracle to get a veto overturned.

If Illinois can overturn a veto on a gun law, the we damn better should be able to.

Goo dpoint. I think there is a very good chance it wil lbe over turned. Wheels are spinning and I'm doing my small share..
Retirement is good! To darn busy to work anyway. I hope the west side will come out for the veto session if not lunch Saturday in J.C. as well.
This could be the greatest OC meet and greet ever........

bigb360

Yeah I don't get this sentiment. They passed the bill with veto proof majorities anyway. Have these very conservative legislators had big changes of heart in such a short time? I think we have reason to be optimistic.

kcgunfan

Yeah I don't get this sentiment. They passed the bill with veto proof majorities anyway. Have these very conservative legislators had big changes of heart in such a short time? I think we have reason to be optimistic.

It's not a miracle, but it's not automatic either. The House Speaker has already said there's going to be a vote, by the President Pro Tem of Senate (Sen. Dempsey) has been silent on the subject. I'd much rather assume it's impossible and work to ensure it, than to assume it's a lock and do nothing.

kcgunfan

Goo dpoint. I think there is a very good chance it wil lbe over turned. Wheels are spinning and I'm doing my small share..
Retirement is good! To darn busy to work anyway. I hope the west side will come out for the veto session if not lunch Saturday in J.C. as well.
This could be the greatest OC meet and greet ever........

So, I'd love to be there, but I'm unlikely to be able to make both days. From what I remember, veto override sessions are blissfully brief in Missouri, so it seems like my efforts would be better spent at the rally than at the luncheon (even though I love to eat.) What is the consensus on that?