• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Win or lose OC lunch in Jefferson City 9/14

mspgunner

So, I'd love to be there, but I'm unlikely to be able to make both days. From what I remember, veto override sessions are blissfully brief in Missouri, so it seems like my efforts would be better spent at the rally than at the luncheon (even though I love to eat.) What is the consensus on that?

If you make one or the other, your participation is appreciated. Both are good. Paul Curtman wil be at the lunch, that is a good thing. He had the guts to introduce our bill, that is worth a drive to J.C.

Oramac

mspgunner, please confirm. I thought the veto session was September 11th, not the 12th? A permit on the 12th won't be very effective if the veto session is already over before the rally starts.

EDIT: confirmed veto session on the 11th.

Last edited:

mspgunner

mspgunner, please confirm. I thought the veto session was September 11th, not the 12th? A permit on the 12th won't be very effective if the veto session is already over before the rally starts.

It is the 11th.. Holly cats!

I went back and changed the post I screwed up!

Last edited:

mspgunner

Maximum of 10 days according to the MO constitution.

It wil lnot go any where near that long. These folks don't want to be in jefferson City any longer then necessary. They want to ge back to their real jobs and real world. Last year it went like a blizzard. Slam bam and out of there. There are a lot of bills no doubt, but they move very quickly. Also there is no telling from out side which bills will be heard and in what order they will hear them. I hope to get a bit of inside information.. We'll see how that goes?

bigb360

Hey, I'm a little confused about the times and places and numbers of events. Are there two get togethers, one the 11th and one the 14th? Is there going to be a meeting at the restaurant both days?

Oramac

Hey, I'm a little confused about the times and places and numbers of events. Are there two get togethers, one the 11th and one the 14th? Is there going to be a meeting at the restaurant both days?

As I understand it, yes. Though the get together on the 11th will be dependent on how quickly the General Assembly gets to 436. If they don't hit it until midnight or something silly, there probably won't be a get together that day.

Definitely one on the 14th though. No question there.

mspgunner

As I understand it, yes. Though the get together on the 11th will be dependent on how quickly the General Assembly gets to 436. If they don't hit it until midnight or something silly, there probably won't be a get together that day.

Definitely one on the 14th though. No question there.

There will be an OC lunch in J.C. at Ria's on the 14th, the 11th is the first day of the veto session and GRAA is having a rally at the capitol.
I'm here and there on whether I'll attend the rally on the 11th, most likey not.

mspgunner

Last edited:

randyj

There will be an OC lunch in J.C. at Ria's on the 14th, the 11th is the first day of the veto session and GRAA is having a rally at the capitol.
I'm here and there on whether I'll attend the rally on the 11th, most likey not.

Good sir..So I'm clear....you say you will most likely NOT be at the Rally on the 11th??

jbab

Is there an update one HB420? been trying to follow it and haven't seen much movement. Is this bill stagnent or will it be head to the floor to be voted on?

mspgunner

Is there an update one HB420? been trying to follow it and haven't seen much movement. Is this bill stagnent or will it be head to the floor to be voted on?

I wrote HB420 for Representative Curtman. It is an amendment on HB436 which was vetoed by the Governor and will be brought up in the veto session. The rally the day of the veto session Sept. 11th on the front lawn of the capitol is starting at 9:00AM. YOU are encouraged to be there!

jbab

I wrote HB420 for Representative Curtman. It is an amendment on HB436 which was vetoed by the Governor and will be brought up in the veto session. The rally the day of the veto session Sept. 11th on the front lawn of the capitol is starting at 9:00AM. YOU are encouraged to be there!

Thank you good sir.. I just seen the post about the rally. I will try and get off from work and make it down there.