Thread: Sheep Pasture

>The_Liberal<

Sheep Pasture

This thread is to continue my conversation off the Meet and Greet Thread.

Link http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...h-1-3pm/page15
    Last edited by >The_Liberal<; 07-08-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: added link

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by >The_Liberal< View Post
    This thread is to continue my conversation off the Meet and Greet Thread.
    Might be nice if their were a link and some clue to the conversation and point of it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

>The_Liberal<
    Thank you again for your responses. I'm understanding more about why you carry and E6chevron's analogy was helpful. Looking into a Google search of "wrongful shooting by police" brings up of course several stories of wrongful and semi-wrongful shootings by police. There is a common theme to them though. The people that were shot were armed.

To elaborate on E6chevron's analogy would you prefer the small spare tire your car comes with or a full size one made of steel? It's easier for police to identify violent people if they're the only ones that have them out. So, carrying a loaded gun is a lot like having the steel spare tire. It's way too much for what you need it for and it will more often set you back.

Thinking about that would having a gun make you feel safer knowing that you're more likely to get shot if both criminals and police might shoot you?

Thank you again for your responses. I'm understanding more about why you carry and E6chevron's analogy was helpful. Looking into a Google search of "wrongful shooting by police" brings up of course several stories of wrongful and semi-wrongful shootings by police. There is a common theme to them though. The people that were shot were armed.

To elaborate on E6chevron's analogy would you prefer the small spare tire your car comes with or a full size one made of steel? It's easier for police to identify violent people if they're the only ones that have them out. So, carrying a loaded gun is a lot like having the steel spare tire. It's way too much for what you need it for and it will more often set you back.

Thinking about that would having a gun make you feel safer knowing that you're more likely to get shot if both criminals and police might shoot you?
    Did you bring your own box of misdirection and twisted logic with you?

One, we do not LEO bash, nor allow extended or concentrated efforts to find fault with LEA/LEO.

Suggest you read and master Gun Facts (http://www.gunfacts.info/) and familiarize yourself with it if you are to be well received here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    Did you bring your own box of misdirection and twisted logic with you?
    Yes. Check out the stupidity already introduced into evidence.
    In fact, could you remove it from that thread & put it in this one?

Suggest you read and master Gun Facts (http://www.gunfacts.info/) and familiarize yourself with it if you are to be well received here.
    Doug knows exactly what he's doing, what buttons he's pushing, and still doesn't care that he's breaking rules.

This is a common nonsense full of logical fallacies that I hear from my well educated scientific colleagues. The want a sanitized society.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Yes. Check out the stupidity already introduced into evidence.
    In fact, could you remove it from that thread & put it in this one?

Doug knows exactly what he's doing, what buttons he's pushing, and still doesn't care that he's breaking rules.
    Hmmm - okay did some checking. Temporary solution - lock it.