Thread: Mutlimillion $$ vedict - cop shoots guy with garden hose -

Banned

Mutlimillion $$ vedict - cop shoots guy with garden hose -

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/po...receives-6-5m/

Three years ago in Belmont Shores, California police shot and killed Doug Zerby for holding a garden hose that police mistook for a gun. Officers unloaded on Zerby who was visiting his friend after a neighbor who didn’t recognize him called the authorities thinking he was a stranger. Cops didn’t wait to see if the “gun” he was reported holding was real. They issued no warnings before they shotgunned him to death upon arrival at the scene.

Maybe he was washing his dog....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Maybe he was washing his dog.
    Or they thought he was a dog. You can't be too safe about dogs and garden hoses - their uniforms could have gotten wet.

On a more serious note, I wonder if an independent examination of the body would confirm the police assertion that he pointed the hose at them two handed like a pistol. Even if he did, that may have been a perfectly reasonable response depending on how their initial contact with him went (if they surprised him and he didn't know they were LE).
    Last edited by BrianB; 07-08-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    There are reports that the man was seen looking at other houses.

He deserved to be shot and killed.
    Article says: Officers unloaded on Zerby who was visiting his friend

Any other info is welcome ... but the jury did give a sizable award here soooooo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Or they thought he was a dog. You can't be too safe about dogs and garden hoses - their uniforms could have gotten wet.

On a more serious note, I wonder if an independent examination of the body would confirm the police assertion that he pointed the hose at them two handed like a pistol. Even if he did, that may have been a perfectly reasonable response depending on how their initial contact with him went (if they surprised him and he didn't know they were LE).
    I think an independent exam was done .. by the jury. Right?

Halt! I am made of pure sodium ... ahhhh water!!!!!

Re: Mutlimillion $$ vedict - cop shoots guy with garden hose -

I was making a bad joke. I thought Eye and Lazywolf would come along and blame the innocent victim.
    Dont worry I laughed. Even though I thoroughly disagree with your comments re the other topic.

Sent from the back of a black van

I see no mention regarding the results of the civil suit.

Did I miss something?

Best regards.

CCJ

I assume the [...] union will make sure the shooters' jobs are secure? Luxurious pension intact? Are they still on paid vacation? You don't know how stressful serving this man with the garden hose was. They might have ptsd or something.

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR: LEO Bashing
    Last edited by John Pierce; 07-09-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    I was making a bad joke. I thought Eye and Lazywolf would come along and blame the innocent victim.
    Zoom ... over my head ....