• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop on cell phone=cop done bad cop tries to shoot dog-hits person good job!

davidmcbeth

Banned
A Winston-Salem woman , Tamara Whitt, was shot by Police Chief Barry Rountree who reportedly did not immediately help the woman after he shot her. The officer was responding to a dangerous weapon call after a 911 tip reported that a man was in the neighborhood pointing guns at people. When officers arrived on the scene Whitt’s dog approached in a “threatening manner”. Chief Rountree fired at the animal but missed and the ricochet hit Tamara instead. The victim claims that the police officer who shot her then went and crossed the street to make a phone call, seemingly unconcerned about the injury he caused. Fox 8 has the story below.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/video-police-officer-tries-to-shoot-womans-dog-shoots-her-instead/

Listen to video ... girl says "cop pulled out his cell phone" ... when a cop pulls out his cell phone he is:
a) trying to cover something up he did or
b) something he would like to do
Either way, the cop is now using his private cell phone to do company business, making it now subject to an open record request

Live and learn; see a cop on a cell phone? Expect bad things to happen. They use their cell phones to avoid making a public record of the call.

Ca Patriot

the replies I have gotten from 7 different cities and 9 different police agencies is that even when a cell phone is paid for by the tax payer, and the phone is used by a police officer who is on duty and conducting official business, the records are NOT public.

go figure

g21sfpistol

Banned
sooo wheres all the people from the "police shoot and kill dog after detaining owner for filming" thread defending the cops actions here? especially eye45 who thinks its ok to just fire guns off in residential areas. weird how there not blowing up this thread. but im sure the truth is to harsh here and i will just be insulted and told im "dishonest" with myself. like i said in that thread they were lucky no one was hurt in that incident. well what do people have to say now?

eye95

If you want to know what I think on the subject, just ask. Posting stupid thoughts and attributing them to me is just plain dishonest.

Care for some honest adult discussion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

BrianB

I know I shouldn't be confused by this - but if I "felt threatened" by some lady's boxer, that was on her own property, and I pulled out my sidearm, cranked a round at the dog, missed, and hit the owner, I'm pretty sure I'd be in jail right now.

I don't want "an investigation" or "a lawsuit", I want criminal charges filed.

Why should there be anything less?

SPOProds

I know I shouldn't be confused by this - but if I "felt threatened" by some lady's boxer, that was on her own property, and I pulled out my sidearm, cranked a round at the dog, missed, and hit the owner, I'm pretty sure I'd be in jail right now.

I don't want "an investigation" or "a lawsuit", I want criminal charges filed.

Why should there be anything less?

Because it's the police, duh!

Sent from the back of a black van

g21sfpistol

Banned
If you want to know what I think on the subject, just ask. Posting stupid thoughts and attributing them to me is just plain dishonest.

Care for some honest adult discussion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

i believe you are incapable because you resort to basically what you said here as a defense mechanism when someone makes a good argument. but say what you want. im not going to have a discussion with you cause its like talking to a hardcore liberal. ive seen some of your other post that have brought me to that conclusion.

eye95

i believe you are incapable because you resort to basically what you said here as a defense mechanism when someone makes a good argument. but say what you want. im not going to have a discussion with you cause its like talking to a hardcore liberal. ive seen some of your other post that have brought me to that conclusion.

No problem. Just stop misrepresenting my thoughts. That is juvenile and dishonest.

davidmcbeth

Banned
the replies I have gotten from 7 different cities and 9 different police agencies is that even when a cell phone is paid for by the tax payer, and the phone is used by a police officer who is on duty and conducting official business, the records are NOT public.

go figure

Must be the guy doing to NSA FOIA requests ... the channel all these foia requests to him ..... he has a job for life I tell ya

Ca Patriot

Must be the guy doing to NSA FOIA requests ... the channel all these foia requests to him ..... he has a job for life I tell ya

I just got about 7 pages of denials today. These denials are very strange and reek of anger from the government.

WalkingWolf

[video=youtube;26Fh2X7LmuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Fh2X7LmuY[/video]

Keep your damn dogs on a leash or contained!

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

I believe the cell records would be available in a civil litigation against the individual defendant.

Getting the records admitted in a criminal prosecution would take some effort by the prosecutors.

It seems crazy.

Best regards.

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
I just got about 7 pages of denials today. These denials are very strange and reek of anger from the government.

I had a hearing today ... a witness that swore that they did not violate the FOI Act was beaten down to a "I'm not sure" by me as I pointed out that perjury is a serious criminal offense and I asked the witness to reconsider the statements made ...

So I gave the witness the opportunity to avoid an arrest for perjury ... I'll see how the outcome is (the only witness that stated that the FOI Act was not violated or gave facts to support such a claim).

countryclubjoe

[video=youtube;26Fh2X7LmuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Fh2X7LmuY[/video]

Keep your damn dogs on a leash or contained!

WW- The dog should be put to sleep and the owner arrested. The owner should be held accountable for the dogs actions.

In the OP post, the idiot chief should also be held accountable for his negligent actions.

Now I ask, what is your point?

Do you not a agree that more citizens are injured or killed by negligent LEO then injured or killed by negligent dog owners?

CCJ

WalkingWolf

The owner of the dog in the OP IS responsible. Dogs are not supposed to be running at large. Especially dangerous dogs.

Had she had her dog leashed, chained or within fence it would not have been necessary for officer to use force. He missed and the department will pay for her injury, but it was not negligence on his part. It was negligence on the idiot that let him roam free. The negligence is on every idiot that thinks a dog running loose is more important than a child's life.

These children's suffering and deaths is on everyone of the morons who cannot see the problem with dangerous dogs. And that there hatred for cops out shadows there care for children, and the community. Complete utter fools.

Every dog at large should be put down on the spot.

Don't want your dog shot, contain it. Don't want to get shot while it is at large, stay out of the way. Simple!