• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Important new open carry info!

DarthBrute

I wish that i had the finances and time to not cooperate with law enforcement officers like this, so that i could take them to court. However i do not have neither, so i would have to simply cooperate, record, and write a letter to the chief.

I don't have the finances or time either. But I would make the time and request to speak to a supervisor.

All it takes for a dam to break is one little drip.

Blk97F150

I wish that i had the finances and time to not cooperate with law enforcement officers like this, so that i could take them to court. However i do not have neither, so i would have to simply cooperate, record, and write a letter to the chief.

Sometimes, that's all that's necessary to get things corrected... making a person of authority aware of the issue, and asking them to resolve it. There have been a great number of issues related to local laws corrected because of nothing more than an email sent. :banana:

Sometimes.... it does take more 'encouragement' than that... :uhoh:

Thundar

Boy, are you ever poking the edge of the envelope. I can almost hear peter nap starting up his perks for permits rant.

stay safe.

Why would you ever say that? Itis a perfectly legitimate P4P "add on" that concealed HANDGUN permittees be accomodated for laws that are mostly for evil black RIFLES!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Why would you ever say that? Itis a perfectly legitimate P4P "add on" that concealed HANDGUN permittees be accomodated for laws that are mostly for evil black RIFLES!

So you are saying that people without permits should not be allowed overkill?*

stay safe.

* - There is no such thing as too much money, too much fun, or too much ammo. And if you think you have both the first and the last, hire an ammo carrier and increase the middle. (I often wonder what the ammo fetchers at Knob Creek do between meets. Someone ought to make sure they stay employed throughout the year.)