Thread: ankle holster with shorts ??

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar

ankle holster with shorts ??

Tonight at McDonalds, a young woman came in with some kind of strapping on her ankle, just one side. I immediately assumed it was an ankle holster. I soon determined it was not, but it got me to thinking, would it be bad security for a OC person to carry in an ankle holster while wearing shorts? Is there any previous discussion on this, and what are the pros and cons of such wear? Any ideas?
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Re: ankle holster with shorts ??

I wouldn't, but mostly because I'd look funny(not that I don't look funny in the first place). Lol. It would seem like a less then optimal way to carry. If you're going to OC then I would think it would be best to carry somewhere you could access your firearm with more speed and ease IMO. But if someone wants to carry let them carry any way they want. I won't judge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    The OP seems to be enamored with this girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkMXYiENNJ4

Founder's Club Member
    I've checked with the most reputable men's fashion consultants in New York and Milan.

Ankle holsters are acceptable, as long as you're wearing leather shoes, over-the-calf socks, and the holster matches the shoes. Same for a calf-scabbard knife.

Now, if we're going to take carry ideas from women, why not just wear a kilt and carry the back-up in a thigh holster?

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Now, if we're going to take carry ideas from women, why not just wear a kilt and carry the back-up in a thigh holster?

I would be coating my carry in so much oil so it wouldn't rust from swimming in but stew all day. Lol.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    I would be coating my carry in so much oil so it wouldn't rust from swimming in but stew all day. Lol.

Don't forget to shave your legs. Don't want yank open a velcro fastener at the end of the day and perform a thigh waxing.

Of course, you could just wear long hose, instead.

Sent from a plain old desktop computer that has no pretensions, nor a need to advertise itself.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-08-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Did the ankle bracelet have a tiny red flashing LED on it...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    I've checked with the most reputable men's fashion consultants in New York and Milan.

Impressive .. the guy at Sears I talked to came to similar results ... (saying "I don't care" actually) ....

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Did the ankle bracelet have a tiny red flashing LED on it...
    I did not see a light, but maybe it was a tracking device? I've never seen one of those, but that's a good idea of what it might have been. I don't know for sure. And no, I wasn't checking out the girl. I'm not even sure I saw her face, as I cannot remember what she looked like at all! I was just checking out what I first thought was an OCer, in particular the piece (of steel!).
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Don't forget to shave your legs. Don't want yank open a velcro fastener at the end of the day and perform a thigh waxing.

Of course, you could just wear long hose, instead.

Sent from a plain old desktop computer that has no pretensions, nor a need to advertise itself.
    Yeah...not seeing any advantages to thigh carry either. If I don't wax my leg and my gun isn't rusted from nut sweat, then I'd probably punch myself in the nads when I go to draw unless I carry muzzle up...but I like that idea even less. Lol.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    Yeah...not seeing any advantages to thigh carry either. If I don't wax my leg and my gun isn't rusted from nut sweat, then I'd probably punch myself in the nads when I go to draw unless I carry muzzle up...but I like that idea even less. Lol.
    No, no. You're thinking like a man. You gotta think like a Scot or a woman--you hike up your skirt/kilt and then draw.

And, you don't wear the holster high enough to...um...introduce the other problems you mentioned.

Guess ya never know were a thread might lead......NOW, is there any PROS to carrying this way, Ha, HA!!!

Yeah...I was going to say something else, but I've already done more than my part to derail this thread. Lol. Sorry.

I don't like angle holsters to began with. the Idea of wearing one out in the open is even more stupid.

Can't think of any good reason one would.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Kind of like shoobies, very bad fashion faun pax. Trust me when I say this. Coming from me, if I think it's a bad idea - it's a bad idea.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I don't like angle holsters to began with. the Idea of wearing one out in the open is even more stupid.

Can't think of any good reason one would.
    Because the judge said so. We saw a young lady at a house party several years back. She was wearing what from a distance looked like a holster, but it was a court ordered monitoring device.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Like to see that tan line after wearing in the summer....sexy

You gotta think like a Scot or a woman--you hike up your skirt/kilt and then draw.
    You could always wear shorts with a hole in the pocket - you could just reach way down and draw 'your gun' that way....

It would only work if you wore white socks with brown Sandles and gym shorts. That rocks!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bersa45 View Post
    It would only work if you wore white socks with brown Sandles and gym shorts. That rocks!
    Well, I suppose.

But, it would probably best if the colored stripes on the socks matched the gym shorts.