• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ankle holster with shorts ??

Old Virginia Joe

Tonight at McDonalds, a young woman came in with some kind of strapping on her ankle, just one side. I immediately assumed it was an ankle holster. I soon determined it was not, but it got me to thinking, would it be bad security for a OC person to carry in an ankle holster while wearing shorts? Is there any previous discussion on this, and what are the pros and cons of such wear? Any ideas?

CCinMaine

I wouldn't, but mostly because I'd look funny(not that I don't look funny in the first place). Lol. It would seem like a less then optimal way to carry. If you're going to OC then I would think it would be best to carry somewhere you could access your firearm with more speed and ease IMO. But if someone wants to carry let them carry any way they want. I won't judge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I've checked with the most reputable men's fashion consultants in New York and Milan.

Ankle holsters are acceptable, as long as you're wearing leather shoes, over-the-calf socks, and the holster matches the shoes. Same for a calf-scabbard knife.

Now, if we're going to take carry ideas from women, why not just wear a kilt and carry the back-up in a thigh holster?

:p:)

CCinMaine

Now, if we're going to take carry ideas from women, why not just wear a kilt and carry the back-up in a thigh holster?

:p:)

I would be coating my carry in so much oil so it wouldn't rust from swimming in but stew all day. Lol.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I would be coating my carry in so much oil so it wouldn't rust from swimming in but stew all day. Lol.

Don't forget to shave your legs. Don't want yank open a velcro fastener at the end of the day and perform a thigh waxing.

Of course, you could just wear long hose, instead.

:)

Sent from a plain old desktop computer that has no pretensions, nor a need to advertise itself.

Last edited:

Old Virginia Joe

Did the ankle bracelet have a tiny red flashing LED on it...:lol:

I did not see a light, but maybe it was a tracking device? I've never seen one of those, but that's a good idea of what it might have been. I don't know for sure. And no, I wasn't checking out the girl. I'm not even sure I saw her face, as I cannot remember what she looked like at all! I was just checking out what I first thought was an OCer, in particular the piece (of steel!).

CCinMaine

Don't forget to shave your legs. Don't want yank open a velcro fastener at the end of the day and perform a thigh waxing.

Of course, you could just wear long hose, instead.

Sent from a plain old desktop computer that has no pretensions, nor a need to advertise itself.

Yeah...not seeing any advantages to thigh carry either. If I don't wax my leg and my gun isn't rusted from nut sweat, then I'd probably punch myself in the nads when I go to draw unless I carry muzzle up...but I like that idea even less. Lol.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Yeah...not seeing any advantages to thigh carry either. If I don't wax my leg and my gun isn't rusted from nut sweat, then I'd probably punch myself in the nads when I go to draw unless I carry muzzle up...but I like that idea even less. Lol.

No, no. You're thinking like a man. You gotta think like a Scot or a woman--you hike up your skirt/kilt and then draw.

And, you don't wear the holster high enough to...um...introduce the other problems you mentioned.

CCinMaine

Yeah...I was going to say something else, but I've already done more than my part to derail this thread. Lol. Sorry.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Kind of like shoobies, very bad fashion faun pax. Trust me when I say this. Coming from me, if I think it's a bad idea - it's a bad idea.

WalkingWolf

I don't like angle holsters to began with. the Idea of wearing one out in the open is even more stupid.

Can't think of any good reason one would.

Because the judge said so. We saw a young lady at a house party several years back. She was wearing what from a distance looked like a holster, but it was a court ordered monitoring device.

HPmatt

You gotta think like a Scot or a woman--you hike up your skirt/kilt and then draw.

You could always wear shorts with a hole in the pocket - you could just reach way down and draw 'your gun' that way....