Thread: What if I live across the street from a school?

What if I live across the street from a school?

So from my understanding, from what I am reading, I can't be within 1,000 feet from from a school and CC or OC. So does this mean once I leave my driveway and go onto the public sidewalk I am in violation?
    Because this makes it difficult to walk to the grocery store or park.

Any thoughts or interpretations?

Thanks

D

Well if you're dealing drugs while firing shots at students and carrying a variety of guns, and taking their lunch money then you're going to be prosecuted under the GFSZA

if you're following the law of GA you'll be fine.

if you feel uncomfortable then get a CPL.

I'm not aware of one case, not one, of a prosecution for the GFSZA of someone merely carrying a gun while obeying all state laws. not one. every person who's been charged by the feds that I'm aware of was either dealing drugs or a gang member or assaulting students.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 07-09-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Well if you're dealing drugs while firing shots at students and carrying a variety of guns, and taking their lunch money then you're going to be prosecuted under the GFSZA

I'm not aware of one case, not one, of a prosecution for the GFSZA of someone merely carrying a gun while obeying all state laws. not one. every person who's been charged by the feds that I'm aware of was either dealing drugs or a gang member or assaulting students.
    in ga we have a weapons license we can oc/or cc with it
    ar15 sbr glock 19 beretta m9
    Proud Lifetime georgia carry member
    nam vet

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post

There was actually one case I can think of where someone's conviction for merely possessing a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school was upheld. But, there were several factors to keep in mind: (1) it happened in Puerto Rico, (2) the person lived in public housing, which is technically not private property and was therefore subject to the 1,000 foot restriction, and (3) the gun in question was a machine gun (on this charge, the person was convicted; the Federal appeals court overturned it but kept the GFSZA charge).
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin