• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What if I live across the street from a school?

duckie37

So from my understanding, from what I am reading, I can't be within 1,000 feet from from a school and CC or OC. So does this mean once I leave my driveway and go onto the public sidewalk I am in violation?
Because this makes it difficult to walk to the grocery store or park.

Any thoughts or interpretations?

Thanks

D

EMNofSeattle

Well if you're dealing drugs while firing shots at students and carrying a variety of guns, and taking their lunch money then you're going to be prosecuted under the GFSZA

if you're following the law of GA you'll be fine.

if you feel uncomfortable then get a CPL.

I'm not aware of one case, not one, of a prosecution for the GFSZA of someone merely carrying a gun while obeying all state laws. not one. every person who's been charged by the feds that I'm aware of was either dealing drugs or a gang member or assaulting students.

Last edited:

mark5019

Well if you're dealing drugs while firing shots at students and carrying a variety of guns, and taking their lunch money then you're going to be prosecuted under the GFSZA

I'm not aware of one case, not one, of a prosecution for the GFSZA of someone merely carrying a gun while obeying all state laws. not one. every person who's been charged by the feds that I'm aware of was either dealing drugs or a gang member or assaulting students.

in ga we have a weapons license we can oc/or cc with it

Nascar24Glock

There was actually one case I can think of where someone's conviction for merely possessing a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school was upheld. But, there were several factors to keep in mind: (1) it happened in Puerto Rico, (2) the person lived in public housing, which is technically not private property and was therefore subject to the 1,000 foot restriction, and (3) the gun in question was a machine gun (on this charge, the person was convicted; the Federal appeals court overturned it but kept the GFSZA charge).