Thread: 7/27 Jacksonville OC Lunch and shoot, Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes

7/27 Jacksonville OC Lunch and shoot, Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes

Would like to have a meet up at Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes 2550 Onslow Dr, Jackson for lunch , followed by going to shoot at Flatwood Outfitters in Hubert.

In my "Eastern NC Meet-N-Greet?" thread I got a couple of potential yes's, now that there's a definite time and place, maybe more than two will show up.

It will also be a sort of welcome home, since it's the first time I'll get to take my kids shooting since December.

Look foward to seeing some of you out there.

Can I get a stickie for this?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-11-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

What time and when? I will be there.

a little too far for me. four and a half hours. if i had some business down that way maybe i could
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Bahabandit View Post
    What time and when? I will be there.
    Sorry, I thought I had written it in the title, Saturday July 27th, 1:00 pm, at Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes 2550 Onslow Drive.

Hope to see you there.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Hoping for more people

Not too many OC'ers out in the eastern part of the state, I guess.

Even if it's only Bahabandit and me I'm still going, Bahabandit, are you bringing anyone with you?

MOLON LABE

Probably going to be by myself.

There have got to be more people going. I know for a fact more people OC around the Jacksonville area.

I oc'd everyday in jville, when i was there. but i never once came across someone else oc'ing. im in virginia now, where it is much easier adn much more accepted. the biggest difference is the restraunt carry here. you are allowed to open carry adn drink alcohol, but if you are cc'ing then no drinking but can still be in the establishment. love virginia, but i make many trips back to NC.
    “The constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the united states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms”

Alexander Hamilton

Regular Member SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP's Avatar

Cool 7/27 Jacksonville OC Lunch and shoot, Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes

I was looking forward to attending however due to a change beyond my control the work schedule has changed and i will not attend.. I have to work that weekend. Good luck

Made it home!

Been traveling and finally made it home.

I am looking forward to next Saturday even if it's only Bahabandit and myself.

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP, sorry you can't make it, but I will be trying to set something up every month so maybe next time.

MOLON LABE

My wife has a Dr. appoint in Duke the day before....if we don't stay and do some of the obligatory shopping, I'll be there.

Hello everyone.

Been away from the forum for a while. Meet and greet sounds good. Can't make a promise, yet chances are good we may be there. Pray for no rain that day, so the wife and I can drag the motorcycle out of the shed.

What happened?

Went to Jeff's today, the wife and I had a good time even when no one else was there. That place has awesome burgers and I got a compliment on my "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON" T-shirt from the cashier.

Afterward I went shooting while my wife watched, couldn't convince her to try my pistol.

On the way home we stopped at a gas station and Rite Aid in New Bern with no issues, so she is a little more OK with me carrying now, so it was still a successful experience.

MOLON LABE

Regular Member SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP's Avatar

7/27 Jacksonville OC Lunch and shoot, Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes

Glad you and the wife got a taster Jeff's Burgers..I was hoping for a better show of open carry citizens. I hope if there is a next time I will plan on attending..

Keep scheduling the meets, even if it's one more person that shows up next time that's progress

DONT GET DISCOURAGED!

When I scheduled a first meet, I was prepared to eat alone. But thanks to G22Shooter and his wife I had some company

Second meet, Mr. Carolina Guy and I had lunch and went out to the range, had a great time.

3rd time, (the meet for 8/10/13) I hope around 10 people come in total!

Good luck with your meets!
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 07-29-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it. Had some stuff come at work with some Marines at the barracks Friday which made my Saturday hell. I will definatley be at the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    Keep scheduling the meets, even if it's one more person that shows up next time that's progress

DONT GET DISCOURAGED!

When I scheduled a first meet, I was prepared to eat alone. But thanks to G22Shooter and his wife I had some company

Second meet, Mr. Carolina Guy and I had lunch and went out to the range, had a great time.

3rd time, (the meet for 8/10/13) I hope around 10 people come in total!

Good luck with your meets!
    Mr? Wow...that makes me feel all grown up...
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahabandit View Post
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Had some stuff come at work with some Marines at the barracks Friday which made my Saturday hell. I will definatley be at the next one.
    I hate when that happens.

I am going to do another one at the end of August, hope to see you (and others) there

MOLON LABE