• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

7/27 Jacksonville OC Lunch and shoot, Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes

ron73440

Would like to have a meet up at Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes 2550 Onslow Dr, Jackson for lunch , followed by going to shoot at Flatwood Outfitters in Hubert.

In my "Eastern NC Meet-N-Greet?" thread I got a couple of potential yes's, now that there's a definite time and place, maybe more than two will show up.

It will also be a sort of welcome home, since it's the first time I'll get to take my kids shooting since December.

Look foward to seeing some of you out there.

Can I get a stickie for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

papa bear

a little too far for me. four and a half hours. if i had some business down that way maybe i could

ron73440

Hoping for more people

Not too many OC'ers out in the eastern part of the state, I guess.

Even if it's only Bahabandit and me I'm still going, Bahabandit, are you bringing anyone with you?

lil_shawn1990

I oc'd everyday in jville, when i was there. but i never once came across someone else oc'ing. im in virginia now, where it is much easier adn much more accepted. the biggest difference is the restraunt carry here. you are allowed to open carry adn drink alcohol, but if you are cc'ing then no drinking but can still be in the establishment. love virginia, but i make many trips back to NC.

ron73440

Made it home!

Been traveling and finally made it home.

I am looking forward to next Saturday even if it's only Bahabandit and myself.

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP, sorry you can't make it, but I will be trying to set something up every month so maybe next time.

Zannex

My wife has a Dr. appoint in Duke the day before....if we don't stay and do some of the obligatory shopping, I'll be there.

Bearfoot

Hello everyone.:)

Been away from the forum for a while. Meet and greet sounds good. Can't make a promise, yet chances are good we may be there. Pray for no rain that day, so the wife and I can drag the motorcycle out of the shed.

ron73440

What happened?

Went to Jeff's today, the wife and I had a good time even when no one else was there. That place has awesome burgers and I got a compliment on my "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON" T-shirt from the cashier.

Afterward I went shooting while my wife watched, couldn't convince her to try my pistol.

On the way home we stopped at a gas station and Rite Aid in New Bern with no issues, so she is a little more OK with me carrying now, so it was still a successful experience.

Jamesm760

Keep scheduling the meets, even if it's one more person that shows up next time that's progress

DONT GET DISCOURAGED! :banana:

When I scheduled a first meet, I was prepared to eat alone. But thanks to G22Shooter and his wife I had some company:)

Second meet, Mr. Carolina Guy and I had lunch and went out to the range, had a great time.

3rd time, (the meet for 8/10/13) I hope around 10 people come in total!

Good luck with your meets!

Last edited:

Bahabandit

Sorry I couldn't make it. Had some stuff come at work with some Marines at the barracks Friday which made my Saturday hell. I will definatley be at the next one.

carolina guy

Keep scheduling the meets, even if it's one more person that shows up next time that's progress

DONT GET DISCOURAGED! :banana:

When I scheduled a first meet, I was prepared to eat alone. But thanks to G22Shooter and his wife I had some company:)

Second meet, Mr. Carolina Guy and I had lunch and went out to the range, had a great time.

3rd time, (the meet for 8/10/13) I hope around 10 people come in total!

Good luck with your meets!

Mr? Wow...that makes me feel all grown up... :)

ron73440

Sorry I couldn't make it. Had some stuff come at work with some Marines at the barracks Friday which made my Saturday hell. I will definatley be at the next one.

I hate when that happens.

I am going to do another one at the end of August, hope to see you (and others) there