Thread: Guns in Federal Courts: Penalties.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA

Guns in Federal Courts: Penalties.

“Each circumstance was different,” said Court Administrator David Weaver, who would not comment on any specifics of each gun case, beyond noting that the punishments varied. “It’s not one size fits all. You have to look at the situation and the person. Different decisions were made based on the information available.”

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan, not everyone who attempts to bring a weapon into a courthouse is automatically criminally charged. A number of factors are taken into consideration first.
    “These factors include whether the person has a valid permit for the weapon, whether the possession was inadvertent or intentional, whether the person has a history of weapons offenses and whether the person’s background indicates a potential threat to the safety of our community,” stated Gina Balaya, spokeswoman for U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade.
    If those factors are satisfied, the government typically ends up issuing gun violators tickets rather than criminally charging them.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY"

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Lansing, Michigan

Guns in Federal Courts: Penalties.

Is how much money you contributed to Obama's campaign one of the criteria?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

earth's crust
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Is how much money you contributed to Obama's campaign one of the criteria?
    Hey !

You know their secret....

I want to know cases where folks are arrested and never tried .... what? Crickets ....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.