Thread: Armed Citizen Project Launches National Empowerment Day

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Armed Citizen Project Launches National Empowerment Day

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Houston – July 9, 2013 - The Armed Citizen Project, a Texas-based nonprofit dedicated to building secure neighborhoods by creating responsible gun owners, has set a date for its national expansion. On August 10th the group is prepared to celebrate its inaugural National Empowerment Day by training and arming hundreds of mothers and single women across the country.
    Recently, the group garnered attention for its efforts to reform the crime-riddled Oak Forest neighborhood in Houston. In this instance, dozens of qualified homeowners were provided with a free 12-gauge pump action shotgun upon completion of a concentrated safety and tactical training course.

Such training will also play a key part in National Empowerment Day. Working with shooting ranges and gun clubs across the country, the group hopes to not only provide these women with a sense of security, but also wants to directly confront misconceptions regarding women and guns.
    In short, the group aims to dramatically change common perceptions about women regarding their comfort and ability to wield a firearm. In a statement Executive Director Kyle Coplen notes that he sees this effort as “combating the subtle misogynistic nature of the anti-gun lobby.”
    An ancillary objective of the group is to remove perceived barriers to gun ownership that exist in the minds of many. “Our training is thorough, but there are often concerns from participants regarding licensing and registration restrictions that, frankly, do not exist,” says Coplen “We have a duty to not only train, but also to tear down these imaginary walls.”
    ACP is committed to building safe communities by facilitating the right guaranteed to all Americans through the Second Amendment. Prospective participants are encouraged to visit the group’s website at armedcitizenproject.org for more information and to apply for training.

The Armed Citizen Project is funded through private donations made through their website, www.armedcitizenproject.org, and will also accept contributions of firearms.

We are empowering citizens and deterring crime, one free shotgun at a time.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    creating responsible gun owners,
    I think that we have seen that phrase before, responsible gun owners.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Not like responsible gun owner is a bad term. A majority of the gun owners I know are responsible gun owners.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Not like responsible gun owner is a bad term. A majority of the gun owners I know are responsible gun owners.
    Who are you, among all men created equal, to decide responsible or not?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-09-2013 at 01:28 PM.

nm, not worth it.
    Last edited by Raggs; 07-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    WTF are you, among all men created equal, to decide responsible or not?
    This kind of crap gives forums a black eye. Try to keep it civil, so new people looking through the forum can have a positive experience here. It's just good P.R. to not bash your fellow members. We are all aiming for the same goal right ?

Help stop child gun deaths – mark irresponsible gun owners. gungeomarker.org

How do you know if a gun owner you know is irresponsible? You can learn a lot by reading our gun marking guidelines at http://gungeomarker.org/gun-marking-guidelines/

Thanks for changing your post to be less harsh. I applaud you Sir.

Re: Armed Citizen Project Launches National Empowerment Day

I have said it before, but it is worth repeating. If we really want to see gun rights (aka civil rights) become mainstream & be accepted, we must have the support & membership of women. As the women of the United States go, so does the nation follow. If open carry had thousands of women participating across the nation we would be much better off in my honest opinion.

I will support this effort. Carry on.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Re: Armed Citizen Project Launches National Empowerment Day

Zero interest here it appears...typical...carry on
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I heard about it 3 weeks ago at PorcFest.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.