Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The anti's have a new weapon

The anti's have a new weapon

An app to geo-locate "dangerous guns and gun owners". This app allows anyone to mark addresses of "potential dangerous gun owners" through crowd-sourcing. I smell Bloomberg funding.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.gungeomarker

Privacy? Gone.

This is their website: http://gungeomarker.org/
    Last edited by kurt555gs; 07-09-2013 at 01:30 PM.

I want to be there when an owner brings suit because some BG used their information to target his house looking for firearms. I would love to bring charges of Aiding and Abetting before the fact on the site and whomever tags a home or business.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

The anti's have a new weapon

One could always flood the area around their address with the same tags so it essentially becomes a guessing game again and BG's cant make heads or tails of it.

The user's reviews are not at all favorable.
    The only people who should fear, good guys with guns, are bad guys...criminals and politicians included.
    No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.

I'm installing the app and tagging every place I visit, walk past or even think about going to.
    Flooding it with worthless information will make it worse than useless.

Okay, how about a little competition, see which city, county or state can get completely filled in first?

Come on people, I know we can do it, it will be fun!

By the way, the comments left for the app are hilarious!

-MH

p.s. Don't forget the donut shops...
    Last edited by March Hare; 07-09-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

this sounds pretty useful, has anyone reported a dangerous gun owner at 1600 Penn Avenue, District of Columbia yet?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

If you look up the app in the play store, you can flag it as inappropriate. I chose hateful and abusive content.

Edit to add: I looked it up on my phone, the flag button is all the way at the bottom.

Also, might it be better to only tag the places known to be anti?
    Last edited by J1MB0B; 07-09-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    (snip)I'm installing the app and tagging every place I visit, walk past or even think about going to.
    Would love to see a couple of special homes/offices up in NY tagged with this if you get my drift...

Banned
    How about an app that tags the homes of all the antis. Don't you think that thugs have a right to know into which homes they can break without fear of being shot?

The best idea posted so far is that we all get the app and tag the hell outta homes randomly.

It will be useless in the area I live. Almost everyone has a gun, and most everyone knows that everyone else has a gun.

I imagine it will be the same for many other regions as well.
    Last edited by Griz; 07-10-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt555gs View Post
    ...This is their website: http://gungeomarker.org/
    I have failed to find a cite of what they are trying to accomplish with this program.

Pollute the data and it becomes useless.

they got slashdotted... but it seems that the slashdot people are kinda tearing into the "its for the children" and "it is NEVER right to kill" arguments...

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/13/07/...ns-and-owners#

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/07/...#ixzz2Ygtry6eq

From the article:
    "The gun rights community has been busy making personal threats (we remain unconcerned), as well as spamming the Gun Geo Marker database with false markers," he exclusively told FoxNews.com. "Though these fake markers are not useful for identifying dangerous guns and owners, they are certainly representative of the highly paranoid reaction we have come to expect from any attempt to improve gun safety in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy276 View Post
    I have failed to find a cite of what they are trying to accomplish with this program.
    http://gungeomarker.org/gun-marking-guidelines/

The claim is they want only "unsafe or dangerous" gun owners marked.

I love how the author begins by stating you "should always be guided by your understanding of the second amendment to the United States Constitution" when using the app, then launches into the typical anti-pretending-to-be-a-rights-lover "keep them locked up correctly - for the kids!" nonsense.

Can I throw in a few more rolleyes?

Quote Originally Posted by the webmaster of the app's website
    The project made slashdot, with an odd comment. Yes, I guess this is the same as “publicly geotag homes of people believed to belong to a particular religion”. True enough, if your religion requires live child sacrifices to appease a cold, tubular god.
    Well, that says a lot about this program's author.

Number of antis who would like to kill gun owners - high
    Number of gun owners who care what antis think - low
    Number of gun owners who wish harm to antis - zero
    Number of gun owners who would actually protect an anti if in life threatening situation - moderately high

Conclusion - an app to tag violent, histrionic, hysteria prone individuals - priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    I'm installing the app and tagging every place I visit, walk past or even think about going to.

Okay, how about a little competition, see which city, county or state can get completely filled in first?

Come on people, I know we can do it, it will be fun!

By the way, the comments left for the app are hilarious!

-MH

p.s. Don't forget the donut shops...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Starting with Bloomberg's house. Then the anti politicians in all the states, Brady Bunch folks, etc.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Banned
    Unfortunately, I don't do Android.

If there is another way to contribute every "gun-free zone," I will be happy to tag the hell outta my environs.

Anybody tag Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, or Fort Hood yet? Very gun-dangerous places, those!

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't do Android.

If there is another way to contribute every "gun-free zone," I will be happy to tag the hell outta my environs.

Anybody tag Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, or Fort Hood yet? Very gun-dangerous places, those!
    Yes, I would say anywhere that there is a "gun free" zone......every post office, every federal building..........every mall......every Costco......every Peet's Coffee......every police station......and most certainly every City Hall or other legislative body where dangerous gun control laws originate.
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

... Start at the beginning...

... and tag the White House first !
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Whats up with the app? I tried using it for the last couple of days to flag all the big scary guns i see running around shooting at innocent people. It seems that they may have caved to public demand and disabled it?

The maker of the app updated their page and the app. Read this:

http://gungeomarker.org/2013/07/13/w...un-geo-marker/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    The maker of the app updated their page and the app. Read this:

http://gungeomarker.org/2013/07/13/w...un-geo-marker/
    Guy says he's a gun owner .. well well well, isn't that special.

I berate politicians who say this ..

This guy will know what, if any, gun I own when I want him to know...

He's also apparently low on the IQ scale as he can't see the contradiction in his own words.

"Secondly, the App was a honeypot. As a gun owner myself, I am all too aware of a smaller component of the community that sees any attempt at improving gun safety as an affront to their second amendment rights. Reasonable regulations that do not interfere with anyone’s second amendment rights – such as universal background checks and trigger locks when guns are unattended in the presence of children – are needed to help abate the gun violence epidemic in this country. "

Seems rather stupid (stupid not ignorant) to say background checks won't interfere with ANYONE's second amendment rights when the entire reason to conduct a check is to deny certain people from exercising the right.
    Beretta92FSLady

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast