• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The anti's have a new weapon

OldCurlyWolf

I want to be there when an owner brings suit because some BG used their information to target his house looking for firearms. I would love to bring charges of Aiding and Abetting before the fact on the site and whomever tags a home or business.:cool:

Super6O

One could always flood the area around their address with the same tags so it essentially becomes a guessing game again and BG's cant make heads or tails of it.

March Hare

I'm installing the app and tagging every place I visit, walk past or even think about going to.
Flooding it with worthless information will make it worse than useless.

Okay, how about a little competition, see which city, county or state can get completely filled in first?

Come on people, I know we can do it, it will be fun!

By the way, the comments left for the app are hilarious!

-MH

p.s. Don't forget the donut shops...

Last edited:

J1MB0B

If you look up the app in the play store, you can flag it as inappropriate. I chose hateful and abusive content.

Edit to add: I looked it up on my phone, the flag button is all the way at the bottom.

Also, might it be better to only tag the places known to be anti?

Last edited:

bbMurphy

(snip)I'm installing the app and tagging every place I visit, walk past or even think about going to.

Would love to see a couple of special homes/offices up in NY tagged with this if you get my drift...

eye95

How about an app that tags the homes of all the antis. Don't you think that thugs have a right to know into which homes they can break without fear of being shot?

The best idea posted so far is that we all get the app and tag the hell outta homes randomly.

Griz

It will be useless in the area I live. Almost everyone has a gun, and most everyone knows that everyone else has a gun.

I imagine it will be the same for many other regions as well.

Last edited:

J1MB0B

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/07...te-homes-businesses-gun-owners/#ixzz2Ygtry6eq

From the article:
"The gun rights community has been busy making personal threats (we remain unconcerned), as well as spamming the Gun Geo Marker database with false markers," he exclusively told FoxNews.com. "Though these fake markers are not useful for identifying dangerous guns and owners, they are certainly representative of the highly paranoid reaction we have come to expect from any attempt to improve gun safety in the United States.

4angrybadgers

I have failed to find a cite of what they are trying to accomplish with this program. :rolleyes:

http://gungeomarker.org/gun-marking-guidelines/

The claim is they want only "unsafe or dangerous" gun owners marked. :rolleyes:

I love how the author begins by stating you "should always be guided by your understanding of the second amendment to the United States Constitution" when using the app, then launches into the typical anti-pretending-to-be-a-rights-lover "keep them locked up correctly - for the kids!" nonsense. :rolleyes:

Can I throw in a few more rolleyes? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

FlyBoy276

the webmaster of the app's website said:
The project made slashdot, with an odd comment. Yes, I guess this is the same as “publicly geotag homes of people believed to belong to a particular religion”. True enough, if your religion requires live child sacrifices to appease a cold, tubular god.

Well, that says a lot about this program's author. :rolleyes:

Maverick9

Number of antis who would like to kill gun owners - high
Number of gun owners who care what antis think - low
Number of gun owners who wish harm to antis - zero
Number of gun owners who would actually protect an anti if in life threatening situation - moderately high

Conclusion - an app to tag violent, histrionic, hysteria prone individuals - priceless.

We-the-People

I'm installing the app and tagging every place I visit, walk past or even think about going to.

Okay, how about a little competition, see which city, county or state can get completely filled in first?

Come on people, I know we can do it, it will be fun!

By the way, the comments left for the app are hilarious!

-MH

p.s. Don't forget the donut shops...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Starting with Bloomberg's house. Then the anti politicians in all the states, Brady Bunch folks, etc.

eye95

Unfortunately, I don't do Android.

If there is another way to contribute every "gun-free zone," I will be happy to tag the hell outta my environs.

Anybody tag Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, or Fort Hood yet? Very gun-dangerous places, those!

We-the-People

Unfortunately, I don't do Android.

If there is another way to contribute every "gun-free zone," I will be happy to tag the hell outta my environs.

Anybody tag Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, or Fort Hood yet? Very gun-dangerous places, those!

Yes, I would say anywhere that there is a "gun free" zone......every post office, every federal building..........every mall......every Costco......every Peet's Coffee......every police station......and most certainly every City Hall or other legislative body where dangerous gun control laws originate.