SECTION 3. G.S. 14-269.3(b) reads as rewritten:
"(b) This section shall not apply to any of the following:
(1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14-269;G.S. 14-269.
(2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;establishment.
(3) A person participating in the event, if he the person is carrying a gun, rifle,
or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization
sponsoring the event; andevent.
(4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or
person or organization sponsoring the event.
(5) A person carrying a handgun if the person has a valid concealed handgun
permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, has a
concealed handgun permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24, or is
exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to G.S. 14-415.25. This
subdivision shall not be construed to permit a person to carry a handgun on
any premises where the person in legal possession or control of the premises
has posted a conspicuous notice prohibiting the carrying of a concealed
handgun on the premises in accordance with G.S. 14-415.11(c)."