• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you prepared for the riots?

minarchist

That may be due more to insufficient quality food more than anything else.
Look at the Japanese people of today compared to pre-WW2 and you will see that the average person has gained 3-4 inches. Even the average American has grown 4-6 inches taller in the last century due to more variety and better food.

I gave a few examples. Which example does your use of "that" refer to?

In any case, members of all racial groups in this country have access to the same food, so I haven't the faintest clue as to what your point is.

eye95

my money is in my bank account. I am going to take some money out to go buy a new camera today though.

So, the answer is no. You have no faith in your prediction.

The offer stands until the verdict comes in.

If you are willing to stand behind your prediction, as I am behind mine, let me know. Until then, moving on to something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
As I stated in the other thread:
--Post edited/deleted by Moderator--

Wow! It's hard to believe you're serious! This post is so full of dis-information that I don't know where to start. If Africans were a hybrid of modern human and some other species, that would be evident upon genetic examination but it isn't. The alleged larger average cranial capacity of European and Asian humans is debatable, but if true, it likely results from the fact that Neanderthal (whose cranial capacity averaged greater than modern humans) genes are found in Europeans and Asians but not in Africans. The alleged prognathism and greater armspan-to-height ratio are by no means universal among Sub-Saharan Africans but found in various gene pools while quite the opposite can be found in other African groups -- just as some European groups have heavier jaws and/or longer arms than others.

And even if this drivel were true, it says nothing about behavior. In fact, one would suspect that if some group were genetically predisposed to violence, it would be those with the Neanderthal genes. Seriously, man...stick to arguments that at least have some validity.

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I get the distinct impression that some here want to treat violence with kid gloves if said violence is perpetrated by blacks, on the ground that it's "part of their culture" or that "the Triangle Trade centuries ago justifies it" or some such drivel.

Let's pretend I'm dumber than a box of hammers and cound not think my way out of a grocery bag/sack with all the sides cut down, let alone pour pee out of a boot that had the instructions printed on the sole.

Now explain to me how you arrived at what appears to be a conclusion as quoted above.

stay safe.

SFCRetired

Someone please, please tell me I am wrong in my prognostications:

1. Z. is acquitted. Immediately flees to an undisclosed location in fear of his life.
2. Certain elements of our society, enraged at both his acquittal and their inability to locate him, and clandestinely (or overtly) encouraged by some so-called "leaders, begin to riot, mainly in Florida.
3. Encouraged by either inadequate, or lack of, response in the first 48 hours, other locations, outside of Florida, begin to riot.
4. LACs of any ethnicity will be forced to either flee or go under a tidal wave of rioting.

At that point, the likelihood of martial law being declared by Federal authorities is very high. I also believe that such widespread rioting will make the Watts Riots look like a Sunday School picnic.

Ca Patriot

Z is aquitted. Some black people hold a news conference and yell something about justice and peace. Some people hold some signs.

A few people in Miami and Chicago throw a few rocks and light some papers on fire in a trash can.

The media goes live and proclaims possible riots.

White people and Asian people with guns start salivating.

Next morning we talk about something else.

The End.

Last edited:

eye95

I know of some that would argue with you EYE, that there is no such thing as HISPANIC. some these are in the Hispanic community.

is there such a thing as a Asian Hispanic?

moving on

I don't know. All I know is that I was addressing someone not knowing that it is possible to be a white Hispanic. As a fan of the NY Mets, back when the team was almost exclusively Hispanic, certain players made it clear that there were white Hispanics on the team and Black Hispanics.

As a person who has processed thousands of 4473s, I can tell you that every Hispanic who fills one out will, in addition to identifying himself as a Hispanic, will also be required to identify his race (white, black, asian, etc.).

Again, simple concept, Hispanic is a heritage, not a race. Folks of Hispanic heritage will also be of varying races, just as Americans (US-type) are of varying races.

eye95

Z is aquitted. Some black people hold a news conference and yell something about justice and peace. Some people hold some signs.

A few people in Miami and Chicago throw a few rocks and light some papers on fire in a trash can.

The media goes live and proclaims possible riots.

White people and Asian people with guns start salivating.

Next morning we talk about something else.

The End.

And once again, I will wager any amount you choose, up to $100, that if Z is acquitted, there will be riots. I have put my money where my mouth is. Do you have that much faith in your prognostications?

I didn't think so.

77zach

Someone please, please tell me I am wrong in my prognostications:

I wouldn't worry about it. After the show trial is over and he's acquitted, I expect riots on the magnitude of LA riots when the Lakers win the NBA finals. Nothing more. I've gotten up to speed on the case itself. There is a reason our public "servants" didn't arrest him for 44 days: the state has NO case. There should be riots if he's found guilty.

eye95

Folks who care about real justice, the ones who would be upset by a guilty verdict, tend to be the non-rioting type.

We will act, though. Just not riot.

eye95

The only possible lesser charges are still murder or manslaughter. None of them are possible unless the State proves beyond a reasonable doubt that it was NOT self-defense. Zimmerman does not have to prove it was. Despite that, I believe that the evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt that it WAS self-defense.

Therefore, any conviction on any lesser included charge would be a miscarriage of justice.

backupid

I don't understand the question. Am I prepared for the unknown? Unknown if there will be any riots, and unknown as to what the exact nature of those riots would be. I find it hard to believe that much, if anything would come from a bunch of people spouting off over the internet about riots when I've seen alot that should have been more likely than this to spark one and didn't.

notalawyer

The only possible lesser charges are still murder or manslaughter. None of them are possible unless the State proves beyond a reasonable doubt that it was NOT self-defense. Zimmerman does not have to prove it was. Despite that, I believe that the evidence proves beyond a reasonable doubt that it WAS self-defense.

Therefore, any conviction on any lesser included charge would be a miscarriage of justice.

Actually Manslaughter is the only 'automatic' lesser included offense. That means the jury will get that instruction.
There are several other optional lesser included offenses such as Agg. Assault, Agg. Battery, Assault, Battery, Culpable Negligence, plus a couple more. The State will have to argue for any of these instructions to be given to the jury and the judge would have to rule that the State presented facts to satisfy every element of each crime before those instructions could be provided to the jury. The defense will have an opportunity to argue against those as well.
Then you have the firearm charges such as Improper Display, Open Carry, Discharge, etc.

Based on the facts presented to the jury during trial, no reasonable person could come to the conclusion that the State proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman did not act in self-defense. Nor did they prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Zimmerman committed any crime at all.

Last edited:

eye95

Again, all the crimes that would mean that the shooting was unjustified would require that the State prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the shooting was not in self-defense. I don't see this as at all possible. Therefore, any conviction on those charges would be a miscarriage of justice.

PFC HALE

Again, all the crimes that would mean that the shooting was unjustified would require that the State prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the shooting was not in self-defense. I don't see this as at all possible. Therefore, any conviction on those charges would be a miscarriage of justice.

unless obummer executive orders him guilty...

jeffrey-r

On the bet: I have a feeling that there will be more of us willing to put up that there will be rioting. There will be a few folks saying there won't be, but I doubt we'll see any money behind those claims.

Assuming we all nail down a clear definition of "riot" so there's no equivocation after the fact, I'd be willing to put up $50 on the "no riot" side.

I'll even let you write up the definition of riot. Assuming I'm amicable to the definition, I'll put up money on the no-riot side.