Thread: Congratulations

Congratulations

Congratulations.

This is a major step forward. Amazing really. Not the whole enchilada, but amazing none the less. There may yet be hope for Maryland and DC.

Well done.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Congratulations.

This is a major step forward. Amazing really. Not the whole enchilada, but amazing none the less. There may yet be hope for Maryland and DC.

Well done.
    This is the maximum they'll ever get .. better off voting 55% against the amended stuff and kill the bill ...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Dave Workman chimes in on the override of the Govenor's veto.

Credits: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Anti-gun Gov. Pat Quinn suffered a major defeat Tuesday when the Illinois
    General Assembly overrode his concealed carry veto.

Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-10-2013 at 02:31 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The prohibited places makes me laugh and cry at the same time.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    What galls me even more is that Judge Posner said "reasonable restrictions" in his December decision. With more hours of "training" than any other state, a "non-refundable fee" (higher than most other states) of $150 ($300 for non-residents) just to apply, NO reciprocity at all, etc., how does this qualify as "reasonable restrictions"??
    They read "reasonable restrictions" as "whatever we think an already anti-gun judge that sees the challenge of this law will accept." Cowards, all of them.

I cannot congratulate the people of IL at all. They were handed back a RIGHT and turned around and traded it for a PRIVILEGE! Several gun "rights" groups and lobbyists had everybody running scared as if the infamous "cliff" was more than a metaphor. Rather than taking their rights and pushing for equal freedom in home rule communities, they put everyone in an equally comfortable set of chains. There was no need for the garbage law they have now, but that's what they got. Great job, IL, you got some pretty new carpet on the floor of your cage. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrj_51 View Post
    I cannot congratulate the people of IL at all. They were handed back a RIGHT and turned around and traded it for a PRIVILEGE! Several gun "rights" groups and lobbyists had everybody running scared as if the infamous "cliff" was more than a metaphor. Rather than taking their rights and pushing for equal freedom in home rule communities, they put everyone in an equally comfortable set of chains. There was no need for the garbage law they have now, but that's what they got. Great job, IL, you got some pretty new carpet on the floor of your cage. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.
    We can all find the gems of the internet where we least expect them. I love this forum!

Angry Self Defense For the Rich Only

Quote Originally Posted by jrj_51 View Post
    There "be some truth" in those words. And, the sad part is that the people who may most benefit from the law, the poor, particularly the law abiding poor of Chicago, encounter very expensive training and application fees in order to exercise their God given right of self-defense. So, while the IL law is a step in the right direction, in many ways, it is also a step backward as well. It is kind of like the "may issue" states on the East Coast and Kommiefornia. If you are loaded with cash, you have the right to defend yourself (so you can contribute to the Democratic Party). If you are poor, you have the duty to die, and as Scrooge put it, "decrease the surplus population".

I have heard it said that the definition of a pro-gun Chicago Republican is a former anti-gun Chicago Democrat whose family has been raped and/or mugged.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.