Thread: Staying at a state park

Staying at a state park

I've been carrying concealed at the state park here, even while hiking and I think it somewhat sucks since i have a full size revolver.

I'm afraid to get accosted by some DNR guys or whatever because they repeatedly emphasise uncased firearms are against their rules.

I'm thinking about OCing the last day I'm here to see what happens; what do you guys thinking?

"I'm afraid to get accosted by some DNR guys or whatever because they repeatedly emphasise uncased firearms are against their rules."

Your fear is healthy. OCing in the woods is a legal minefield because of the way the code is written.

The WVCDL introduced a bill (listed at the top of the page linked to below) to fix this last session, but it didn't make it through. Join up and help support it next session!

http://www.wvcdl.org/LegislationTracking.php

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedSociety View Post
    The WVCDL introduced a bill (listed at the top of the page linked to below) to fix this last session, but it didn't make it through. Join up and help support it next session!
    ComradeV is offline Campaign Veteran Location Maple Hill, North Carolina, USA
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Staying at a state park

How much does WVCDL membership cost? My family owns land in WV and I would be interested in joining.

$25 a year, and the rockin' t-shirt seen on our main page comes with your membership.

Staying at a state park

I just joined the WVCDL today.

Sorry to NECRO But need the info

I have searched and googled, and read what has been posted about state forest carry. I have my silly VA permission slip which is good in WV. I have seen that concealed carry is okay in your stateparks. It's getting to be hot, and I prefer to OC and will be staying in Pipestem for a week. Is it advised to not OC while I'm there? WV has been an open carry state as long as I've been alive, and I'm just starting to stay in the state parks as opposed to "friend's yards"..If I were by myself I might push it, but I'll have a bunch of family, and don't really want to spoil the vaction with arrest, and bail...If the concensus is WV is open carry, and it's legal in state parks, then cool. But I just can't find your laws on it. Help please?
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone