Thread: Adam Kokesh arrested in Herndon, charged with possession of schedule I and II drugs w

Adam Kokesh arrested in Herndon, charged with possession of schedule I and II drugs w

Kokesh, a former Marine, was being held at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center, charged with possession of schedule I and II drugs while in possession of a firearm, said Lt. Steve Elbert, a spokesman for the Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office.

The search warrant was served by U.S. Park Police, a federal agency that is responsible for policing Freedom Plaza, the park on Pennsylvania Avenue NW where Kokesh was videotaped loading a shotgun, in violation of local gun laws, according to a YouTube video posted on July 4.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...d39_story.html

Broke on: July 10th 2013 by: bmdub904 Filed under: Blog

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: AVTM Official Press Release

RE: Raid on ADAM VS THE MAN Studios 10JUL13
    (HERNDON, VA 10 JULY 2013)— On the evening of Tuesday, 09JUL13, at approximately 7:45 PM, a combination of US Parks Police (an arm of the DHS) raided Adam Kokesh’s residence. Local Herndon police assisted in the armed invasion. The officers used a battering ram to knock in the door after two knocks, and did not announce that they had a warrant. Immediately after breaking down the door, a flash bang grenade was deployed in the foyer.
    http://adamvstheman.com/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-10-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Again, dumbass. He was inviting this kind of scrutiny, and he kept drugs at his house?!? Dumbass.

Now the charge of carrying a loaded shotgun in DC (one he likely would have beaten to good effect) doesn't mean squat. They can let that one fade away and press the charges that arose out of the warranted search.

Red Foreman's foot is going to be so far up Kokesh's posterior that every time he smiles, he'll flash shoeleather.

Civil disobedience is a liberal tactic. Reasonable citizens use the "system" lawfully and peacefully to effect change. When civil disobedience is the first choice that choice undermines the credibility of the "cause."

Mr. Kokesh resorted to a liberal tactic and the causes' credibility has suffered. Mr. Kokesh has done more harm that he has done good.

All these crazy idiots out there trying to be the face of our 2A rights are not helping the cause any. (Alex "Obama is a homosexual" Jones, Ted "sh!t my pants to get out of the draft" Nugent, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    All these crazy idiots out there trying to be the face of our 2A rights are not helping the cause any.
    Because all men have feet of clay, they will inevitably bring down whatever movement they become the-face-of.

This is the crux, the crucial cusp between progressives and conservatives. The Founding Fathers knew this well.

Sched. I & II drugs are now "hallucinogenic mushrooms." So ID'd in mere hours? Hah!

"Charging documents filed in court Wednesday morning said Kokesh was charged with possession of hallucinogenic mushrooms,"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...d39_story.html

Kokesh had to know that after posting that video that they would raid his house. While I agree that DC has gone down the idiot's rabbit hole, but Adam is an idiot for having drugs in his house. I realize that he thinks that both should be legal, but to bite off two different legal issues at once, means that he will most likely choke on his biting at the laws. I bet 10 years in prison for his stupidity. I actually liked the guy until this came out.

Quote Originally Posted by NMOCr View Post
    Kokesh had to know that after posting that video that they would raid his house. While I agree that DC has gone down the idiot's rabbit hole, but Adam is an idiot for having drugs in his house. I realize that he thinks that both should be legal, but to bite off two different legal issues at once, means that he will most likely choke on his biting at the laws. I bet 10 years in prison for his stupidity. I actually liked the guy until this came out.
    Probably every single one of us has drugs in our house. If they were serving a search warrant based on the DC shotgun video they should have charged him with the crimes they searched for. Without those charges I cannot see this holding up to the current SCOTUS when it gets to their doorstep. The based a search on what was a unconstitutional law in DC, it does not matter that they did not file on those laws. It is the basis of their search. If the search was based on mushrooms, then DC police were clearly out of their jurisdiction. I see this as a mess for the Feds no matter what. Unless one of the SCOTUS judges steps down or dies in the next couple of years.

I wonder if they were Green Giant canned mushrooms they are charging him with, at this point I would not put anything past them.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Probably every single one of us has drugs in our house. If they were serving a search warrant based on the DC shotgun video they should have charged him with the crimes they searched for. Without those charges I cannot see this holding up to the current SCOTUS when it gets to their doorstep. The based a search on what was a unconstitutional law in DC, it does not matter that they did not file on those laws. It is the basis of their search. If the search was based on mushrooms, then DC police were clearly out of their jurisdiction. I see this as a mess for the Feds no matter what. Unless one of the SCOTUS judges steps down or dies in the next couple of years.

I wonder if they were Green Giant canned mushrooms they are charging him with, at this point I would not put anything past them.
    The question is "Was the illegal drugs in plain sight or not?". Also, "did the search warrant specify that they were looking for drugs and guns?". If they found the drugs through the search, they can be excluded if not in the original search warrant. However, if they were in plain sight, and they went and got another search warrant for drugs, then Adam is in big trouble.
    Last edited by NMOCr; 07-11-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: corrected 2 legal questions.

The question is "Was the illegal drugs in plain sight or not?". Also, "did the search warrant specify that they were looking for drugs and guns?". If they found the drugs through the search, they can be excluded if not in the original search warrant. However, if they were in plain sight, and they went and got another search warrant for drugs, then Adam is in big trouble.
    They are not filing a supporting charge, even if they got a warrant, off of a bogus warrant, it still is a illegal search and seizure. There almost always has to be a supporting charge when items are found that are not part of the original search warrant. To make the drug charges stand they have to charge for the DC shotgun video. Besides IMO, drugs for personal use in ones homes is not the business of the government, it violates privacy rights. The same rights that allow us to have consensual sex in our homes with who we wish, or the same right that allows women to end a pregnancy.

Anyway the Feds go they are going to meet a challenge unless the SCOTUS shifts. If the Feds are smart they will find away to drop this, I can't get over how stupid they were to go after him. They just made Adam relevant, the last thing they should have done.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    The warrant does not have to specify drugs. The drugs do not have to be in plain sight. A warrant for a gun allows them to look anywhere the gun or anything else named in the warrant might be. If they stumble across the drugs by opening a closet door where the shotgun might be, they are admissible.

What about opening small drawers that could could not possibly hold a shotgun? Just include the ammo in the warrant.

Oh, and on the comment that we all probably have [illegal] drugs in our homes. No. We don't.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Probably every single one of us has drugs in our house.
    [ ... ]
    Drugs in the house, if not before the arrival of the SWAT party then for sure after they arrive!

le I and II drugs w

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Drugs in the house, if not before the arrival of the SWAT party then for sure after they arrive!
    I was going to mention this. Kokesh has been arrested a few times in the past few years, many of them drug charges... yet no convictions.

People seem to be too quick in claiming he's an idiot for having drugs, yet his last arrest was for drugs and video clearly shows LEO's walking past many drug users making a bee line for him. Without the video he'd still be in jail. He was targeted then, why would we not assume he's been targeted again this time? This time he doesn't have a crowd of people with cameras to help him...

I advocate for legalizing drugs too, but I have never touched them. I advocate for people the freedom to jump out of planes, but have never done it. I just think many here are blaming the 'victim' here simply because they don't like him.

We must all stand together, or assuredly we will hang separately.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Baked on Grease; 07-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....