• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kokesh arrested for holding consitutionally protected property

Ca Patriot

I think it says something when government sends an entire platoon's worth of cops, light armor, and helicopters--to execute a search warrant.

Law enforcement doesn't use all that stuff for the raid in question. They use it to send a message to all the other people out there as a show of force.

Unfortunately Kokesh isn't quite the warrior that the Brand Davidions were.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No fancy explanations (such as Kokesh being a "state agent") are necessary. We can Occam this one.

Idiot loads a gun in DC, hoping to get arrested so he can challenge the law.

Cops don't want to arrest him for the gun charge, because that might actually result in a court ruling they do not want.

Cops do want him to pay for contempt of their laws.

His video provides PC that he has committed a crime. Despite that case likely being a loser in front of the SCOTUS, the PC will allow a search of his home, ostensibly for the firearm loaded in the video, but actually to find evidence of some other crime, a crime that will hold up.

Idiot has illegal drugs in his home.

Cops accomplish what they actually set out to do: Charge idiot with a crime which will result in jail time.

Pretty simple explanation that fits all the facts.

One does not HAVE to violate the law to attack the US constitutionality of the law....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Law enforcement doesn't use all that stuff for the raid in question. They use it to send a message to all the other people out there as a show of force.

You know, that's exactly what I was thinking. Kokesh made all that noise about an armed march and so forth. I'm betting the heavy police was partially intended to say to others, "this is what you can expect."

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Served 1970-74 then 1982-2005 ... you?

Don't bother, Rugar.

He has a thorough history of rhetorical dirty tricks. He was kinda behaving himself for a while, but I see earlier today he got back onto his kick about "I'm a great patriot and you're not". And, sneering down at others. Rational debate and argument is meaningless to him--he has no intellectual integrity.

Last edited:

RugarRev

Don't bother, Rugar.

He has a thorough history of rhetorical dirty tricks. He was kinda behaving himself for a while, but I see earlier today he got back onto his kick about "I'm a great patriot and you're not". And, sneering down at others. Rational debate and argument is meaningless to him--he has no intellectual integrity.

Agreed, he has nothing but a loud voice and a video camera. Sorry to have derailed this thread with this tomfoolery. Please return to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

You know, that's exactly what I was thinking. Kokesh made all that noise about an armed march and so forth. I'm betting the heavy police was partially intended to say to others, "this is what you can expect."

There are reports that law enforcement decided to let the marchers and protestors basically do whatever they wanted while at the event. The plan was for LE to do extensive surveillance and then bust individuals later on down the road.

Anyone considering replacing Kokesh in the role of protest leader now sees "this is what you can expect".

It has a chilling effect on people rising up against the government.

Ca Patriot

Served 1970-74 then 1982-2005 ... you?

I was in the Marines for 9 months before I got a medical discharge.

Not to take anything away from you, but you didn't win any freedom or liberty in America.

The American military hasn't done that in a long time.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Not to take anything away from you, but you didn't win any freedom or liberty in America.

<guffaw>

Like nobody here can read CaP's implied message that Rugar is less a patriot than CaSelfPatriot!

<snicker>

Last edited:

RugarRev

You sound to me to be a sad and troubled young man. I implore you, utilize those VA benefits you have rightfully earned and seek help before your actions cause serious injury to yourself or others.

Done.

Ca Patriot

You sound to me to be a sad and troubled young man. I implore you, utilize those VA benefits you have rightfully earned and seek help before your actions cause serious injury to yourself or others.

Done.

Explain why you think that way. What am I doing that is so bad ?

eye95

Don't bother playing his games, Rugar. You've heard about wrestling with pigs, right? Notice how he has made this about you. It's one of the things he does.

When he posts something moronic (he'll give you plenty of chances), jump in and point it out. At most, make one or two replies that point out the idiocy further (focusing on it and not on him) in reply to his non-sequiturs (usually focussing on you), then just let it be. Most folks have caught on to this guy, and you only want to make sure stragglers are alerted what to look out for with this poster.

I wouldn't let him drag you into his sty.

Freedom1Man

"...let the real patriots serve your freedom and liberty to you"... You? Hell son, I've seen your little videos mugging it up in front of the cops, and I gotta tell you, you're not impressing anyone. Patriot, you? I've got combat boots older than you! Bless your heart, if you want to be a true patriot then raise your right hand, put on the uniform, pick up a gun and serve! Until then, go thyself forth and multiply!

(I edited this to remove my profanity, lest young eyes should read this)

Could you explain to me, how my putting on "the uniform" helped the cause of liberty at all?

what war did you fight in ?

unless you fought in WWII then you didn't do squat for freedom and liberty in America.

Could you explain to me how helping the bankers make a profit based on destroying lives helped America?

You just pissed on most of the folks here. Well done "patriot".

I being former military, actually disagree with you about that Rev.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I see it the other way:

Idiot? No.

Criminal? Yes.

I absolutely agree he's done nothing wrong, and that should be enough.

Adam is a criminal for living as if he's a free man. Government finds that intolerable.

Or as Heinlein said in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress:

"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

I do not believe it is reasonable to allow the law to be the arbiter of criminality.

Consider that the law itself may be criminal.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
...if you want to be a true patriot then raise your right hand, put on the uniform, pick up a gun and serve!...

This is not patriotism. Jingoistic, chauvinistic nationalism, perhaps. But not patriotism.

That's not to say that military service is anti-patriotic. But it's been a long time since serving the government was the same as serving the country we all love.

And it's love of country – not service to the government which parasitizes upon it – that makes a true patriot.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

This is not patriotism. Jingoistic, chauvinistic nationalism, perhaps. But not patriotism.

That's not to say that military service is anti-patriotic. But it's been a long time since serving the government was the same as serving the country we all love.

And it's love of country – not service to the government which parasitizes upon it – that makes a true patriot.

+1

The government has sold it as protecting "liberty" yet war has never done that.

davidmcbeth

Banned
“Numerous police vehicles, including a light armored vehicle and two low-flying helicopters barricaded Adam’s street,” the news release says. “More than 20 armored SWAT team members surrounded the house, as well as a number of detectives, and plainclothes officers.”

I'm surprised they did not burn down his dwelling. That grenade must have been a dud.

And who is on more drugs here? Da police...too many steroids it looks like.

I really don't care what people put in their own bodies ... not guilty is my verdict.