• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

asked to decock

DrakeZ07

If he intentionally put a round into the floor, it wouldn't be a negligent discharge.

You're right; I couldn't think of the name/term for it at the moment. Still, would be illegal within most city limits within the state. Although I question the authority of most towns to do so, a large part of them have ordinances banning the discharge of a firearm within city limits for any reason, with the exception of self-defense, or protection of your property. And I personally found it distasteful, even in sarcasm, for David to make a comment about playing with the hammer, and causing the round to be fired, even in the context of not being the OC'er.

MKEgal

DocWalker said:
I know we need to be diplomatic with stupid people but sometimes it gets trying.
Amen.

I'm tired of people thinking that my rights and safety take a back seat to someones "feelings" or "insecurities".
Is that what you meant to say? :D

SFCRetired said:
the only real safety their weapon has is their control of their bugger hook.
:eek: That doesn't mean the same as "booger hook".

FreeInAZ said:
Does she peer at the split triggers on glocks & ask their owners to place the trigger in the reward position?
:lol: Never thought of it that way.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If he intentionally put a round into the floor, it wouldn't be a negligent discharge.

Actually it would. If someone were to actually do so, then they would be doing so due to their lack of care or concern for others, which is the very definition of negligence.

willy1094

I'd call it a negligent INTENTIONAL act. It is a more serious violation in my mind that an UNINTENTIONAL negligent act!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanton endangerment could be a charge. Now we all know we cannot shoot into the floor of the gun store/dept. That would be negligent and dangerous. ;)

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I've been passing over this thread since it first started because I figgered I knew what it was going to be about.

Glad I checked. Y'all are hilarious!

:)

davidmcbeth

Banned
Absolutely correct. It would be negligent, but not an accidental discharge.

Well, just put brass in w/ just a primer (no powder/bullet) ... they'll be looking for that bullet forever .... I've done that to hilarious effect .. antis have no clue what a discharge really sounds like ...

katlynn2

Or maybe this:

Well, the sheriff arrived with his bathrobe on.
The confrontation was a tense one.
He shook his head and said, "Bubba, boy,
Now, you was always a dense one".
Now, reckless discharge of a gun.
That's what the officers are claimin'.
Bubba hollered out, "Reckless hell!
I hit just where I was aimin."

;)