• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wish

kinggabby

I wish more people would get on board with Open Carry. I am always hearing from the ones who want to stay concealed ( which I have no problem if people want to stay concealed ) about how we are going to scare the public because they are not used to seeing guns. How hard is it to understand that the public is always going to be scared of our guns unless they see them and know we are responsible owners. They also keep using the "someone will take your gun and shoot you with it " line. And when they do that they always say cops get their guns taken a lot. I try to explain to them that cops get theirs taken by criminals that are trying to get away from them. I have heard from several LEO that have told me that they like it when we who choose to open carry do so. They have told me it does help in deterring criminals and it does in fact make a difference. I have seen several times when shady looking people have looked at my hip and turned right around and took off. Hopefully we will see more people open carry in this wonderful state of Oklahoma.

Dave

Last edited:

JDPrice

That is precisely why I open carry, the more people see them the more anxiety will go away....

Glock 1st fan

Funny story but me, Dustin and Bryan and Josh met with Bryan at his tow truck company. We all were standing outside and it was amazing how many street walkers went across the street as opposed to walking past us on our side :)

DamnYankeeOk

I had a conversation with a friend of mine the other day about this. She used the "you'll be the first one shot argument". We went back and forth and I gave up.

kinggabby

I had a conversation with a friend of mine the other day about this. She used the "you'll be the first one shot argument". We went back and forth and I gave up.
I would say that if I was going to be shot for open carrying then the BG was already planning on shooting other people.

okiephlyer

Instead of getting in to the argument, just ask for one verified case where an OC'er was the first target. Keep asking the same question without going any further until they get the idea that the argument will not go any further until you get an answer. It's kinda like baseball, if the runner misses first base, any progress after that is not counted. Force the play at first and go no further. I have used this tactic over at okshooters and usually after a few times, they just go away.
Good Luck.