Thread: I/we(gun owners) have been lumped into a childs death

I/we(gun owners) have been lumped into a childs death

title should say"responsible gun owners"

KFC/taco bell on Brook rd today at lunch hour. Little old lady looks me up and down, looks me up and down, turns her nose up and snarls....and then the conversation as follows:

lady: "I HOPE YOU HAVE A PERMIT FOR THAT"
    me: no mam, in VA a permit isnt required for the open carry of a firearm, in fact no permit for open carry exists other than the US Constitution.
    my thought: "Ill sell you a VA open carry permit for $100 and deliver it on the back of my unicorn"
    lady: well, you need one if you cover it up
    me: ok
    lady: theyre going to find the person that shot that child on the 4th of July in Chesterfield
    my thought: what the hell does that have to do with the price of my taco
    me: thats tragic
    lady: "YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BETTER, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN"
    me: mam, I had nothing to do with that tragic situation. Im a father of two young children, my heart breaks, im saddened. I do not/ would not handle/ fire a weapon wrecklessly/ dangerously nor would I allow it in my presence. Many that I know and associate with would also not allow this.
    my thought: my dad jumped my ass from a young child all the way up until last week at even the mention of mishandling a firearm much less a mistake in his presence. I was taught and learned.
    lady: well, they are gonna get him
    me: here is a vcdl card on 2A rights as well as firearm carry info for open and concealed carry
    lady: I dont need that, my son is in the FBI...I know guns
    my thought: at 5"4 105 lbs, you stand about as much of a chance against an armed criminal as this taco in my hand, evidently you dont know
    me: ok mam, enjoy your lunch and have a nice day
    Last edited by thedevilrobyjohn; 07-10-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: title
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.

Banned
    Should have just told her "yea, that was me who did that, you got a problem with me?"

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    You did better than I would have.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    You did better than I would have.
    I am a nice/ polite person. Im trying to be a good example when needed. I think she wanted confrontation but got polite information from a reasonable, intelligent person who only looks like a bandit but just wanted a taco. When im an ass I get chewed out, when im nice I get chewed out.....God mom, I just cant win leave me alone and shut my room door. Seriously, I just want to be left alone to contend with the many tasks and challenges that face me hourly but there is an abundance of curiosity, false info, stupidity, wives tales, irrational fears, mis quoted laws, laws that dont even exist, etc, etc, etc....and im going to inform and save the world. I think its possible. I just cringe when there is an incident like this, especially in our yard. I get th stink eye and its always responsible gun owners who catch the flack. The hate in this womans eye....damn

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I continue to be amazed at the people who will walk up to someone who has a gun, and talk smack to them.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilrobyjohn View Post
    ...lady: "I HOPE YOU HAVE A PERMIT FOR THAT"...
    "Yes, Ma'am. It's written on the same piece of paper that lets you voice your opinion about it."
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Should have just told her "yea, that was me who did that, you got a problem with me?"
    That is the stupidest post I have seen from you. Only a moron would make a statement like that.

What would you say when the police show up because you admitted to killing the child in Chesterfield.

Congratulations

I am a nice/ polite person. Im trying to be a good example when needed. I think she wanted confrontation but got polite information from a reasonable, intelligent person who only looks like a bandit but just wanted a taco. When im an ass I get chewed out, when im nice I get chewed out.....God mom, I just cant win leave me alone and shut my room door. Seriously, I just want to be left alone to contend with the many tasks and challenges that face me hourly but there is an abundance of curiosity, false info, stupidity, wives tales, irrational fears, mis quoted laws, laws that dont even exist, etc, etc, etc....and im going to inform and save the world. I think its possible. I just cringe when there is an incident like this, especially in our yard. I get th stink eye and its always responsible gun owners who catch the flack. The hate in this womans eye....damn
    You handled it much better than most people when confronted by someone "like that" that thinks they know the law and don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    I continue to be amazed at the people who will walk up to someone who has a gun, and talk smack to them.
    Oh sure, indeed.

Even so, the honorable thing to do would be for the person who actually fired the gun to come forward.

Was the 'little old lady' another customer, or was she the KFC employee that was supposed to be taking your order?

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    Oh sure, indeed.

Even so, the honorable thing to do would be for the person who actually fired the gun to come forward.
    I think we realize that's unlikely to happen. With one of the possible firearms being a .40 caliber Glock, isn't there a lot of those out there, some of them being carried by some dishonest people

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    That is the stupidest post I have seen from you. Only a moron would make a statement like that.

What would you say when the police show up because you admitted to killing the child in Chesterfield.
    Tell them that the source is a crazy old lady....

Well, it would stop the harassment right then and there, right?

I don't feel the need to explain myself to antis .... and I don't mind offending them either.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-10-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    That's not the only place we're all being tarred with the same brush.

I've been castigated on this Lorton Patch piece, though most of the comments respect my rights.

http://lorton.patch.com/groups/polit...uspatc00000010

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    Was the 'little old lady' another customer, or was she the KFC employee that was supposed to be taking your order?
    she was a customer in line ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    Oh sure, indeed.

off topic but I would trade every single show on tv for the rifleman and gunsmoke

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Does that make any kind of sense or what?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    When I run across people like the lady in the OP's post, and I rarely do, I tend to take a more comical approach at first. I believe this to be a great way to disarm them since they are not expecting this and it does open the door to better conversation. There are exceptions of course and then I generally say something like, "You're not from around here are you?" and either walk away or ignore them. Better to the the better man.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

"My son is in the FBI...." That right there is funny, I don't care who you are.

The little devil in me would've..........FBI..........STOP IT, you're killing me..........FBI.....oh man, that hurt.

Re: I/we(gun owners) have been lumped into a childs death

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Tell them that the source is a crazy old lady....

Well, it would stop the harassment right then and there, right?

I don't feel the need to explain myself to antis .... and I don't mind offending them either.
    Right... except now they have you on camera in the Taco Bell confessing the crime, in your own words and voice. It will be splashed across the news in mere moments after you say it.

Anything you say can and will be used against you...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    That's not the only place we're all being tarred with the same brush.

I've been castigated on this Lorton Patch piece, though most of the comments respect my rights.

http://lorton.patch.com/groups/polit...uspatc00000010
    I see. A young boy was killed by a falling tree here in Richmond(just a day after my family was there on the same path) not too long ago. Do these same scared anti nuts recommend cutting down all trees? Im from Oklahoma, a young boy survived the recent tornadoes only to be killed by a dog....do they suggest killing all dogs? I carried at our fireworks event(for one reason)because we walked a great distance through a notiriously bad area, an area that is hurting downtown visitation and conomy. Its like no firearms at work policy...I drive 30 minutes through multiple towns and make several stops to and from work. The work floor may or may not be safe but outside of it sure as hell isnt. They could move to NY and pay$2000 per month for a closet if VA is too scarry.

Henry Marsh wants to make this illegal

He would 'solve' the problem by enacting a law to make it illegal:

Marsh hopes for support on legislation inspired by Chesterfield boy’s death
    State Sen. Henry L. Marsh III, who represents parts of Chesterfield, said Friday that he plans to introduce legislation that would toughen the penalties on celebratory gunfire.

The process is in the early stages, but Marsh hopes to get widespread bipartisan support.

Marsh’s legislation would be based on Shannon’s Law, an Arizona law named after Shannon Smith, a 14-year-old killed by a stray bullet in June 1999.

Part of the effort would be to increase education on the effects of shooting a weapon in the air.

“We have to stop this foolish shooting because a bullet that goes up must come down,” Marsh said. “People can get hurt, and they are getting hurt.”
    Just waiting for someone else to propose a mandatory micro-stamping law, as a tool to help law enforcement.

lady: "I HOPE YOU HAVE A PERMIT FOR THAT"

lady: I dont need that, my son is in the FBI...I know guns
    I guess that she does not know enough about guns to know that you do not need a permit to OC.

Did someone say Glawk Fowtee?

Does Lee Paige have an alibi?

off topic but I would trade every single show on tv for the rifleman and gunsmoke
    pffft