• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I/we(gun owners) have been lumped into a childs death

thedevilrobyjohn

title should say"responsible gun owners"

KFC/taco bell on Brook rd today at lunch hour. Little old lady looks me up and down, looks me up and down, turns her nose up and snarls....and then the conversation as follows:

lady: "I HOPE YOU HAVE A PERMIT FOR THAT"
me: no mam, in VA a permit isnt required for the open carry of a firearm, in fact no permit for open carry exists other than the US Constitution.
my thought: "Ill sell you a VA open carry permit for $100 and deliver it on the back of my unicorn"
lady: well, you need one if you cover it up
me: ok
lady: theyre going to find the person that shot that child on the 4th of July in Chesterfield
my thought: what the hell does that have to do with the price of my taco
me: thats tragic
lady: "YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BETTER, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN"
me: mam, I had nothing to do with that tragic situation. Im a father of two young children, my heart breaks, im saddened. I do not/ would not handle/ fire a weapon wrecklessly/ dangerously nor would I allow it in my presence. Many that I know and associate with would also not allow this.
my thought: my dad jumped my ass from a young child all the way up until last week at even the mention of mishandling a firearm much less a mistake in his presence. I was taught and learned.
lady: well, they are gonna get him
me: here is a vcdl card on 2A rights as well as firearm carry info for open and concealed carry
lady: I dont need that, my son is in the FBI...I know guns
my thought: at 5"4 105 lbs, you stand about as much of a chance against an armed criminal as this taco in my hand, evidently you dont know
me: ok mam, enjoy your lunch and have a nice day

Last edited:

thedevilrobyjohn

You did better than I would have.
I am a nice/ polite person. Im trying to be a good example when needed. I think she wanted confrontation but got polite information from a reasonable, intelligent person who only looks like a bandit but just wanted a taco. When im an ass I get chewed out, when im nice I get chewed out.....God mom, I just cant win leave me alone and shut my room door. Seriously, I just want to be left alone to contend with the many tasks and challenges that face me hourly but there is an abundance of curiosity, false info, stupidity, wives tales, irrational fears, mis quoted laws, laws that dont even exist, etc, etc, etc....and im going to inform and save the world. I think its possible. I just cringe when there is an incident like this, especially in our yard. I get th stink eye and its always responsible gun owners who catch the flack. The hate in this womans eye....damn

va_tazdad

Without a doubt

Should have just told her "yea, that was me who did that, you got a problem with me?"

That is the stupidest post I have seen from you. Only a moron would make a statement like that.

What would you say when the police show up because you admitted to killing the child in Chesterfield.

va_tazdad

Congratulations

I am a nice/ polite person. Im trying to be a good example when needed. I think she wanted confrontation but got polite information from a reasonable, intelligent person who only looks like a bandit but just wanted a taco. When im an ass I get chewed out, when im nice I get chewed out.....God mom, I just cant win leave me alone and shut my room door. Seriously, I just want to be left alone to contend with the many tasks and challenges that face me hourly but there is an abundance of curiosity, false info, stupidity, wives tales, irrational fears, mis quoted laws, laws that dont even exist, etc, etc, etc....and im going to inform and save the world. I think its possible. I just cringe when there is an incident like this, especially in our yard. I get th stink eye and its always responsible gun owners who catch the flack. The hate in this womans eye....damn

You handled it much better than most people when confronted by someone "like that" that thinks they know the law and don't.

Blk97F150

Was the 'little old lady' another customer, or was she the KFC employee that was supposed to be taking your order?

scouser

Oh sure, indeed.

Even so, the honorable thing to do would be for the person who actually fired the gun to come forward.

I think we realize that's unlikely to happen. With one of the possible firearms being a .40 caliber Glock, isn't there a lot of those out there, some of them being carried by some dishonest people

davidmcbeth

Banned
That is the stupidest post I have seen from you. Only a moron would make a statement like that.

What would you say when the police show up because you admitted to killing the child in Chesterfield.

Tell them that the source is a crazy old lady....

Well, it would stop the harassment right then and there, right?

I don't feel the need to explain myself to antis .... and I don't mind offending them either.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
When I run across people like the lady in the OP's post, and I rarely do, I tend to take a more comical approach at first. I believe this to be a great way to disarm them since they are not expecting this and it does open the door to better conversation. There are exceptions of course and then I generally say something like, "You're not from around here are you?" and either walk away or ignore them. Better to the the better man.

OC for ME

"My son is in the FBI...." That right there is funny, I don't care who you are.

The little devil in me would've.....
36_1_19.gif
.....FBI.....
36_1_19.gif
.....STOP IT, you're killing me.....
36_1_19.gif
.....FBI.....oh man, that hurt.

Baked on Grease

Tell them that the source is a crazy old lady....

Well, it would stop the harassment right then and there, right?

I don't feel the need to explain myself to antis .... and I don't mind offending them either.

Right... except now they have you on camera in the Taco Bell confessing the crime, in your own words and voice. It will be splashed across the news in mere moments after you say it.

Anything you say can and will be used against you...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

thedevilrobyjohn

That's not the only place we're all being tarred with the same brush.

I've been castigated on this Lorton Patch piece, though most of the comments respect my rights.

http://lorton.patch.com/groups/poli...day-fireworks-event?ncid=newsltuspatc00000010

I see. A young boy was killed by a falling tree here in Richmond(just a day after my family was there on the same path) not too long ago. Do these same scared anti nuts recommend cutting down all trees? Im from Oklahoma, a young boy survived the recent tornadoes only to be killed by a dog....do they suggest killing all dogs? I carried at our fireworks event(for one reason)because we walked a great distance through a notiriously bad area, an area that is hurting downtown visitation and conomy. Its like no firearms at work policy...I drive 30 minutes through multiple towns and make several stops to and from work. The work floor may or may not be safe but outside of it sure as hell isnt. They could move to NY and pay$2000 per month for a closet if VA is too scarry.