• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I/we(gun owners) have been lumped into a childs death

Repeater

Henry Marsh wants to make this illegal

He would 'solve' the problem by enacting a law to make it illegal:

Marsh hopes for support on legislation inspired by Chesterfield boy’s death
State Sen. Henry L. Marsh III, who represents parts of Chesterfield, said Friday that he plans to introduce legislation that would toughen the penalties on celebratory gunfire.

The process is in the early stages, but Marsh hopes to get widespread bipartisan support.

Marsh’s legislation would be based on Shannon’s Law, an Arizona law named after Shannon Smith, a 14-year-old killed by a stray bullet in June 1999.

Part of the effort would be to increase education on the effects of shooting a weapon in the air.

“We have to stop this foolish shooting because a bullet that goes up must come down,” Marsh said. “People can get hurt, and they are getting hurt.”

Just waiting for someone else to propose a mandatory micro-stamping law, as a tool to help law enforcement.