Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Swat Teams Raid Residence of Former Marine for Open Carrying in D.C.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    344

    Swat Teams Raid Residence of Former Marine for Open Carrying in D.C.

    This story didn't happen in Montana but it should be of concern to all gun owners. To quote the Libertarian author Claire Wiolfe, "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."


    See the link for Youtube videos:

    http://www.prisonplanet.com/adam-kok...oper-cops.html


    Adam Kokesh Raided By “Storm Trooper” Cops

    Police smash into residence of gun activist, deploy flash bang grenade

    Days after Adam Kokesh staged an open carry protest by loading a shotgun in Washington DC, “storm trooper” police raided the former Marine’s home last night, smashing in his door and deploying a flash bang grenade before arresting Kokesh.

    According to a press release issued by Kokesh’s Adam vs the Man media team, “Numerous police vehicles, including a light armored vehicle and two low-flying helicopters barricaded Adam’s street. More than 20 armored SWAT team members surrounded the house, as well as a number of detectives, and plainclothes officers. Assault rifles were aimed on all members of the team as they were handcuffed without being told why they were detained. Masked and armored police in full “Storm Trooper” gear flooded in and ransacked the residence. The team was cordoned in a front room, while Adam was pulled aside for questioning.”

    Excerpt ... Read the link above for more
    Last edited by John Pierce; 07-11-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Replace entire article with fair use excerpt

  2. #2
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    If what he did was real and not videoed in front of a green-screen image of Freedom Plaza, then he knowingly broke the law. While I have concerns over the intensity of how the search warrant was executed, Kokesh and his roommate surely knew that there would be ramifications for his illegal act.

    By breaking this law he has enabled Park and Herndon Police to demonstrate how law-breakers will be handled -- with massive, military-style force. An unfortunate object lesson for those who are trying to change the laws through legislation and by supporting pro-2nd Amendment representatives.

    Kokesh has done nothing to advance the cause. Rather, IMHO, he has set the effort back.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Stepehens City, VA
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    If what he did was real and not videoed in front of a green-screen image of Freedom Plaza, then he knowingly broke the law. While I have concerns over the intensity of how the search warrant was executed, Kokesh and his roommate surely knew that there would be ramifications for his illegal act.

    By breaking this law he has enabled Park and Herndon Police to demonstrate how law-breakers will be handled -- with massive, military-style force. An unfortunate object lesson for those who are trying to change the laws through legislation and by supporting pro-2nd Amendment representatives.

    Kokesh has done nothing to advance the cause. Rather, IMHO, he has set the effort back.
    It's comments like this that really **** me off. Just because some bureaucrat violates his oath and passes some BS law we're supposed to abided by it? Last time I checked, the US Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional laws null and void at their conception but people like this would have everyone bow down to the politicians will instead of confronting the actual law breakers.

    If more of us had a backbone like Kokesh this would be a very different United States. Kokesh did NOT violate the Constitution which is the SUPREME law of the land!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-10-2013 at 07:32 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    By breaking this law he has enabled Park and Herndon Police to demonstrate how law-breakers will be handled -- with massive, military-style force. An unfortunate object lesson for those who are trying to change the laws through legislation and by supporting pro-2nd Amendment representatives. Kokesh has done nothing to advance the cause. Rather, IMHO, he has set the effort back.
    Sir, its too late in this country for a political change. We have a nation of so-called "laws" that is something like a jigsaw puzzle with each tiny piece having it's own set of firearm laws. It is almost impossible to travel with a firearm in your vehicle from one coast to another or from the northern border to Mexico without breaking a multitude of laws. And accurately researching every burg ahead of time is not practical. What we need is a nationwide open carry law, and that ain't ever gonna happen.

    The greater issue is that law enforcement has been militarized and has gone wild. There is little to no accountability for their illegal actions. Do you think the storm troopers who did this outrageous military-style smash and grab on Kokesh will ever face justice for their crimes? You call Kokesh a "law-breaker"??? I think you've got your head on backwards.

    http://www.naturalnews.com/039268_po...shootings.html

    And now it has come out that the police claim they found hallucinogenic mushrooms at his property, too. These mushrooms were obviously planted there by the cops themselves. His only hope is jury nullification.

    http://www.naturalnews.com/041136_Ad...mushrooms.html

    Welcome to Amerika.

    AUGustin
    Last edited by Augustin; 07-10-2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typo

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by cyras21 View Post
    It's comments like this that really **** me off. Just because some bureaucrat violates his oath and passes some BS law we're supposed to abided by it? Last time I checked, the US Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional laws null and void at their conception but people like this would have everyone bow down to the politicians will instead of confronting the actual law breakers.

    If more of us had a backbone like Kokesh this would be a very different United States. Kokesh did NOT violate the Constitution which is the SUPREME law of the land!
    Kokesh did IMO vioolate the law.

    (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

    Constitutionality is an undecided question & the answer will not be provided by an individual here.
    http://www.nccs.net/articles/ril31.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    What we seem to be forgetting is that Kokesh has repeatyedly made statements indicating his intent to resist arrest with violence, up to the use of lethal force.

    Being a keyboard commando, or worse one behind the microphone, briongs consequences.

    I'm not saying the "dynamic entry" was absolutely necessary, but there seems to be more than mere desire to play with all the shiney toys behind it.

    I would welcome such an event at my place. The door and doorframe are both out of alignment with the rest of the structure, as well as with each other. Landlord is not interested in replacing it because "it still works". I'm not interested in pushing real hard about it because "it still works".

    This is but another time when I publically announce my documented significant loss of hearing. Not only might I not hear the knock on the door or the announcement that it was police officers with a warrant, I might not be able to comprehend any instructions shouted at me. Got that, NSA? I also repeat my claim of bad eyes, which might prevent me from distinguishing police uniforms from the coveralls the trash pick-up guys wear. Got that too, NSA?

    But seriously, the one time (so far) the cops came with a warrant they knocked politely, waited for me to come to the door, and were willing to let me read it before they actually executed it. And they never entered my home to do that. There are statements to that effect in the court record. Hey NSA! - you can go read that record without spying; it's a public document.

    I guess it helped not to have a large public record of threatening violence to law enforcement attempting to serve a legitimate warrant or other process.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by cyras21 View Post
    It's comments like this that really **** me off. Just because some bureaucrat violates his oath and passes some BS law we're supposed to abided by it? Last time I checked, the US Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional laws null and void at their conception but people like this would have everyone bow down to the politicians will instead of confronting the actual law breakers.

    If more of us had a backbone like Kokesh this would be a very different United States. Kokesh did NOT violate the Constitution which is the SUPREME law of the land!
    The piece you appear to be missing is that the court system, starting with the circuits and ending at the Supreme Court are the forums where laws are determined to be unConstitutional. Neither the circuit court nor the Supreme Court has determined that DC's law against the carrying of loaded firearms is unConstitutional and until that happens the law is in full force and effect. Ergo, Kokesh knowingly broke that law.

    If more of us "had a backbone like Kokesh," we would descend quickly into anarchy. We are a nation of laws, not men. If a law offends, then we work to amend or repeal it.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    If more of us "had a backbone like Kokesh," we would descend quickly into anarchy. We are a nation of laws, not men. If a law offends, then we work to amend or repeal it.
    This is Truth!

    Way to go James
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 07-10-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Way to go James
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  9. #9
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustin View Post
    Sir, its too late in this country for a political change. We have a nation of so-called "laws" that is something like a jigsaw puzzle with each tiny piece having it's own set of firearm laws. It is almost impossible to travel with a firearm in your vehicle from one coast to another or from the northern border to Mexico without breaking a multitude of laws. And accurately researching every burg ahead of time is not practical. What we need is a nationwide open carry law, and that ain't ever gonna happen.

    The greater issue is that law enforcement has been militarized and has gone wild. There is little to no accountability for their illegal actions. Do you think the storm troopers who did this outrageous military-style smash and grab on Kokesh will ever face justice for their crimes? You call Kokesh a "law-breaker"??? I think you've got your head on backwards.

    http://www.naturalnews.com/039268_po...shootings.html

    And now it has come out that the police claim they found hallucinogenic mushrooms at his property, too. These mushrooms were obviously planted there by the cops themselves. His only hope is jury nullification.

    http://www.naturalnews.com/041136_Ad...mushrooms.html

    Welcome to Amerika.

    AUGustin
    Another arm-chair revolutionary.

    The DC law against loaded open carry has not been ruled unConstitutional by the circuit or Supreme Court. It is therefore in force and lawful no matter how devoutly you wish it wasn't so. Kokesh deliberately broke that law. Kokesh is a law-breaker, Q.E.D.

    The cops planted the mushrooms? Do you have any basis besides wild conjecture for the basis of that statement, or is it just more wishful thinking.

    Remember that Kokesh advocated the violent overthrow of this government when planning the open carry march on DC ... an anarchist of the first rank.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Another arm-chair revolutionary.

    The cops planted the mushrooms? Do you have any basis besides wild conjecture for the basis of that statement, or is it just more wishful thinking.
    An arm-chair revolutionary? What an asinine statement. You know nothing about me or my political beliefs. For the record I do not believe that a second revolution is possible. The truth is that because of the massive buildup of arms in the police departments and DHS, and the very real possibility that both the U.S. military as well as foreign troops will be deployed against the American people, the odds are against us. And this has historically been the case as guerrilla fighters lose most of the time. An analysis of past conflicts featuring guerrilla war reveals that only 25% of guerrilla forces, out of 443 such conflicts since 1775, were successful. The government prevailed almost 64% of the time with the remainder of the conflicts ended in a stalemate. Conversely, since the end of WWII, the percentage of success for guerrilla forces has indeed gone up to 39.6%. Yet that still means that government forces have continued to prevail 51% of the time. When the American people engage in a guerrilla war in the upcoming years, the people have less than a 40% chance of success at best. Not very good odds.

    As for the rouge cops who DID plant the drugs, it is not wild conjecture to believe that it is more likely than not. Kokesh is a relatively intelligent individual. He had to have known that a raid was likely following his open carry video. Cops all across the country are well known for planting drugs. It's the oldest police trick in the book. The cops knew that Kokesh had firearms in his apartment (they have high-tech scanners that can see through walls and detect large metal objects) and they also knew that if they found a schedule 1 drug in his possession at the same time he possessed a firearm it would elevate the charges significantly.

    Anybody who doesn't understand that the cops are dirty is living in the twilight zone. If the sheeple of this country keep their heads buried in the sand, the country will disintegrates into total chaos sooner rather than later. No amount of cognitive dissonance, normalcy bias, or general apathy can protect even the most unaware of Americans as to what lies in their immediate future. I suggest you wake yourself up, James, while you still can. It's almost a certainty that these drugs were planted on Kokesh. The odds are 10,000:1.

    AUGustin

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustin View Post
    An arm-chair revolutionary? What an asinine statement. You know nothing about me or my political beliefs. For the record I do not believe that a second revolution is possible. The truth is that because of the massive buildup of arms in the police departments and DHS, and the very real possibility that both the U.S. military as well as foreign troops will be deployed against the American people, the odds are against us. And this has historically been the case as guerrilla fighters lose most of the time. An analysis of past conflicts featuring guerrilla war reveals that only 25% of guerrilla forces, out of 443 such conflicts since 1775, were successful. The government prevailed almost 64% of the time with the remainder of the conflicts ended in a stalemate. Conversely, since the end of WWII, the percentage of success for guerrilla forces has indeed gone up to 39.6%. Yet that still means that government forces have continued to prevail 51% of the time. When the American people engage in a guerrilla war in the upcoming years, the people have less than a 40% chance of success at best. Not very good odds.

    As for the rouge cops who DID plant the drugs, it is not wild conjecture to believe that it is more likely than not. Kokesh is a relatively intelligent individual. He had to have known that a raid was likely following his open carry video. Cops all across the country are well known for planting drugs. It's the oldest police trick in the book. The cops knew that Kokesh had firearms in his apartment (they have high-tech scanners that can see through walls and detect large metal objects) and they also knew that if they found a schedule 1 drug in his possession at the same time he possessed a firearm it would elevate the charges significantly.

    Anybody who doesn't understand that the cops are dirty is living in the twilight zone. If the sheeple of this country keep their heads buried in the sand, the country will disintegrates into total chaos sooner rather than later. No amount of cognitive dissonance, normalcy bias, or general apathy can protect even the most unaware of Americans as to what lies in their immediate future. I suggest you wake yourself up, James, while you still can. It's almost a certainty that these drugs were planted on Kokesh. The odds are 10,000:1.

    AUGustin
    We deal in and respect facts, not personally generated "data".

    Intelligent criminals have been incredibily stupid quite frequently.

    On OCDO we also do not engage in LEO bashing - such is specifically in violation of the Forum Rules.

    (6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc).
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    We deal in and respect facts, not personally generated "data".

    Intelligent criminals have been incredibily stupid quite frequently.

    On OCDO we also do not engage in LEO bashing - such is specifically in violation of the Forum Rules.

    (6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustin View Post
    Really, Grapeshot. "We deal in and respect facts, not personally generated data."

    Gee, I though that a forum was a place where we were free to post our comments, thoughts, opinions, ideas, and suggestions.

    Are you saying that we are limited to posting ONLY facts?

    And as for your accusation that I'm engaging in LEO bashing, puhleeeze. Are you serious? Are you really that intellectually inept?

    The rule you quoted me, which I'm well aware of, prohibits "personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation.

    My criticism of the cops is NOT because of their choice of occupation, but instead because of their criminal behavior.

    I'd criticize just about anyone who did what these rouge cops did - illegally plant drugs - regardless of their profession. If it would have been the paramedics, firemen, a lawyer, a judge, a pedestrian, or bystander, I would still have every right to offer my opinion as to the criminality of their actions.

    You want facts. Okay, here are some facts that you can confirm with just a few clicks of the mouse.

    --snipped for brevity--


    I'm happy to let the forum moderator decide if I broke the forum's rules.

    I'M NOT ATTACKING COPS, I'M ATTACKING CRIME, regardless of who the perpetrator is!

    AUGustin
    Bolding is mine.

    Yes I am quite serious. You would do well to read all of the forum rules. I prefer to moderate with a light hand, but you seem intent on trying one's patiemce. You made statements that cannot be supported and apparently think that dumping a volume of information compells your argument. Then you compound that with a personal insult.

    OCDO is not a place "where we were free to post our comments" regardless of what they are. OCDO is private property and users are guests here. Ranting against the rules and application thereof will gain you nothing positive. Strongly suggest that you reconsider your options here.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-12-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •