Thread: What kind of sick society treats "racially offensive language" worse than violence?

Angry What kind of sick society treats "racially offensive language" worse than violence?

I have been criticized here, in a forum presumably relatively devoid of liberals, for comparing violent blacks to chimps. When others vent their frustration over how extremely common black violence is by using "racially offensive language" then they, and not the violent savages, are the focus of the outrage. How can anyone think that mere words are more wrong actual violence?!

Our society is so warped that if one uses one or more racial epithets as a reaction to violence, then the lemmings, like Pavlov's Dog, will attack you for criticizing the violent thugs. People being beaten, raped, and killed, and propery being damaged, is no big deal in comparison to the horrible thought crime of using a racial epithet, according to this retarded thinking that apparently transcends left and right.

Your 'liberal' is an inaccurate epithet and misunderstood for having been hijacked by establishment education. I would submit that you mean progressive and not classical-liberal. Racism, prejudice and bigotry are postgraduate certifications from the school of hard knocks and privileged personal valuations/evaluations.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Ever hear of the term "fighting words"?
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Your 'liberal' is an inaccurate epithet and misunderstood for having been hijacked by establishment education. I would submit that you mean progressive and not classical-liberal. Racism, prejudice and bigotry are postgraduate certifications from the school of hard knocks and privileged personal valuations/evaluations.
    I understand that, but I used the term to facilitate communication, since everyone here should know whom I'm referring to with that term, even if they should be referred to by another term.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Ever hear of the term "fighting words"?
    Yes. Explain the relevance of your question.

Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    I understand that, but I used the term to facilitate communication, since everyone here should know whom I'm referring to with that term, even if they should be referred to by another term.
    But they all deny that they are "liberals", libertarians, democraps and repugnants.

The fighting words may be liberal, racist, bigot and prejudiced. Progressives sail the river of denial.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    OCDO is a publicly read forum with a greater number of unregistered readers - at any given time "guests" are in a majority by 300% or more. These are politicians, LEOs, mothers/grandmothers, the media, ministers and your neighbors. That we would choose to not be offensive is hardly perceived as a bad thing.

OCDO primary thrust is promoting and defending properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal, everyday lives. Other things may be somewhat permissible as allowed by the site owners. Being offensive to part of our targeted audience is not one of them.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.