• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What kind of sick society treats "racially offensive language" worse than violence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minarchist

What kind of sick society treats "racially offensive language" worse than violence?

I have been criticized here, in a forum presumably relatively devoid of liberals, for comparing violent blacks to chimps. When others vent their frustration over how extremely common black violence is by using "racially offensive language" then they, and not the violent savages, are the focus of the outrage. How can anyone think that mere words are more wrong actual violence?!

Our society is so warped that if one uses one or more racial epithets as a reaction to violence, then the lemmings, like Pavlov's Dog, will attack you for criticizing the violent thugs. People being beaten, raped, and killed, and propery being damaged, is no big deal in comparison to the horrible thought crime of using a racial epithet, according to this retarded thinking that apparently transcends left and right.

minarchist

Your 'liberal' is an inaccurate epithet and misunderstood for having been hijacked by establishment education. I would submit that you mean progressive and not classical-liberal. Racism, prejudice and bigotry are postgraduate certifications from the school of hard knocks and privileged personal valuations/evaluations.

I understand that, but I used the term to facilitate communication, since everyone here should know whom I'm referring to with that term, even if they should be referred to by another term.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I understand that, but I used the term to facilitate communication, since everyone here should know whom I'm referring to with that term, even if they should be referred to by another term.

OCDO is a publicly read forum with a greater number of unregistered readers - at any given time "guests" are in a majority by 300% or more. These are politicians, LEOs, mothers/grandmothers, the media, ministers and your neighbors. That we would choose to not be offensive is hardly perceived as a bad thing.

OCDO primary thrust is promoting and defending properly holstered handguns as we go about our normal, everyday lives. Other things may be somewhat permissible as allowed by the site owners. Being offensive to part of our targeted audience is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.