• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Bauer "Criminal Negligence" case going to WA Supreme Court

EMNofSeattle

Of course, thanks to Doug the county is going to waste millions on this. He should've known after being aquitted of the murder charge in the 90s that Hague would persue anything wrong he did, and yet he anyway chose to leave guns in the direct access of a convicted felon and her troubled kid.

hermannr

Of course, thanks to Doug the county is going to waste millions on this. He should've known after being aquitted of the murder charge in the 90s that Hague would persue anything wrong he did, and yet he anyway chose to leave guns in the direct access of a convicted felon and her troubled kid.

His girlfriend is/was one of those "convicted felons" that did not pose a threat to anyone from what I read. But even so, it is the girlfriends responsibly to make sure she didn't have general access to her boyfriend's weapons...It's called personal responsibility.

EMNofSeattle

His girlfriend is/was one of those "convicted felons" that did not pose a threat to anyone from what I read. But even so, it is the girlfriends responsibly to make sure she didn't have general access to her boyfriend's weapons...It's called personal responsibility.

Maybe so,

But remember. or you probably don't even know.

Douglas Bauer was aquitted of 2nd degree murder by reason of self defense in 1995 for killing a man who followed him home in a fit of road rage and assaulted him. the defense ended up cleaning the prosecutor (the same prosecutor as is in office now) for all of Bauer's legal expenses as per state law.

Hague (our prosecuting attorney) is a real sore loser, he hates losing cases. so Doug should've known that anything bad he did that could possibly effect kitsap county would've been swept right up by the PA. now Bauer moved to Mason county after his aquittal, and the home in mason county is where the gun was stolen from. He should've gotten a safe when he started dating a known felon, and her kid has been in out of trouble, he should've been responsible and kept those guns out of their hands, in fact he reportedly acually armed a felon. the girlfriend testified he gave her a pistol to keep in her glovebox.

If felons and children are repeatedly visiting your house, you should lock up your ******* guns.

I have nothing against Buaer, I used to take the bus to school (the kitsap transit bus) Doug was one of my favorite drivers because he's a friendly guy and will remember you and ask you how you're doing. But he should've handled this better. I expect more responsibility from the people of the gun then I do of a felon and her troubled 10 year old kid.

Vitaeus

So did he break a law? He should have known better would work better in a civil case versus a criminal one. I would not be surprised to find that everyone one this board knows and or spends time with a "felon", knowingly or not. I have firearms in my home and they are stored in accordance with the LAWS of Washington state, if you think they should be stored in some particular state approved manner then go get a LAW requiring such passed. You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but mine is that I really hope the WA Supreme Court does not stretch the meaning of "assault" to include having your personal property converted without your direct permission and making me or anyone else criminally responsible for the misuse of said property.

EMNofSeattle

So did he break a law? He should have known better would work better in a civil case versus a criminal one. I would not be surprised to find that everyone one this board knows and or spends time with a "felon", knowingly or not. I have firearms in my home and they are stored in accordance with the LAWS of Washington state, if you think they should be stored in some particular state approved manner then go get a LAW requiring such passed. You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but mine is that I really hope the WA Supreme Court does not stretch the meaning of "assault" to include having your personal property converted without your direct permission and making me or anyone else criminally responsible for the misuse of said property.

Oh I agree the charge is bogus.....

But to some degree you should fully expect that someone will be willing to test the limits of the law... If I had skated on a class A felony by the skin of my teeth I would be damn sure to avoid even the appearance of impropriety in anything I did.

An appeals court has already upheld this type of charge, and Richard Sanders is gone from SCOWA and two newest members made their election case on being friendlier the R S to prosecutors.

So i wouldn't get my hopes up, he shouldnt seriously be convicted, but I wouldn't be shocked if he is

hermannr

Maybe so,

Douglas Bauer was aquitted of 2nd degree murder by reason of self defense in 1995 for killing a man who followed him home in a fit of road rage and assaulted him. the defense ended up cleaning the prosecutor (the same prosecutor as is in office now) for all of Bauer's legal expenses as per state law.

Hague (our prosecuting attorney) is a real sore loser, he hates losing cases. so Doug should've known that anything bad he did that could possibly effect kitsap county would've been swept right up by the PA. now Bauer moved to Mason county after his aquittal, and the home in mason county is where the gun was stolen from. He should've gotten a safe when he started dating a known felon, and her kid has been in out of trouble, he should've been responsible and kept those guns out of their hands, in fact he reportedly acually armed a felon. the girlfriend testified he gave her a pistol to keep in her glovebox.

If felons and children are repeatedly visiting your house, you should lock up your ******* guns.

I have nothing against Buaer, I used to take the bus to school (the kitsap transit bus) Doug was one of my favorite drivers because he's a friendly guy and will remember you and ask you how you're doing. But he should've handled this better. I expect more responsibility from the people of the gun then I do of a felon and her troubled 10 year old kid.

Do you KNOW (personal knowledge) that he knew his girlfriend was a convicted felon?

If you date a girl, that appears to you to be a nice one, is the first thing you are going to ask her...

"Oh BTW, are you a convicted felon?"

Last edited:

hermannr

Maybe so,

Again, you are assuming he knew his girlfriend's history. Personally, I am assuming he did not, as he did give her a weapon to carry for her own self defense.

I know (personal knowledge) a person that has been "prohibited" after the fact. If you met this person, you would never guess that a person that has never even had a traffic ticket is prohibited because of a bad prescription drug reaction (no, I'm not talking about attempting suicide, I am talking about Catatonia)... and this happened while under Doctor's care, but it was involuntarily commitment for 14 days to a mental health facility. It wasn't a disabling stay at the time, but it is now because it was involuntary. If this happened today, it would count as a voluntary stay as this person was already under a doctor's care, and as a voluntary stay it would not be disabling. I will guarantee you, if you were to ask this person about that stay, they would NOT talk to you about it. (Just so you know, no, it was not me) What makes you think this girlfriend would talk about her "involuntary" stay compliments of the state?

One other thing...just like you cannot put a fire out with an extinguisher that is locked in a fire cabinet, a gun that you possess for self defense, cannot do you much good if it is locked up.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Maybe so,

If felons and children are repeatedly visiting your house, you should lock up your ******* guns. IF FELONS ARE VISITING YOUR HOUSE, WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD YOU lock UP YOUR GUNS?
CCJ

regards

CCJ

Last edited: