Thread: H.R.2625 Student Protection Act blocks funding to schools abusing gun zero-tolerance.

H.R.2625 Student Protection Act blocks funding to schools abusing gun zero-tolerance.

"Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, says the Student Protection Act aims to stop the enforcement of policies that "punish innocent children" by cutting funds to schools that abuse "zero tolerance" weapons policies.

"Something must be done to restore sanity to the schoolroom," Stockman said Tuesday in a statement. "The Student Protection Act would end the practice of using federal taxpayer dollars to subsidize schools that enforce these policies that abuse and harm young children."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...tics+-+Text%29

Full text http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/t2GPO/...13hr2625ih.pdf

7/8/2013 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Education and the Workforce.

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2013/0....html#comments
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-11-2013 at 06:22 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Stupid federal overreach.

I don't care if it is for a cause in which I believe, the feds need to stick to doing the 18 things they were assigned to do. This ain't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Stupid federal overreach.

I don't care if it is for a cause in which I believe, the feds need to stick to doing the 18 things they were assigned to do. This ain't one of them.
    enough said.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Founder's Club Member
    While I like the tenor of this law, there are already child abuse laws on the books in Texas. Lemme see some school employees prosecuted for child abuse under those laws where possible.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.