View Poll Results: Is it right or wrong to have an APP showing this information?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Right.

3 20.00%
  • It's Wrong.

12 80.00%

Thread: Gun Geo Marker app tries to locate homes, businesses of gun owners

Angry Gun Geo Marker app tries to locate homes, businesses of gun owners

A new Android app asks users to expose the home addresses of gun owners they deem “potentially unsafe” -- and share that information with the world.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/07/...#ixzz2Ykfld6Gi

I'm glad here in New Hampshire we don't have to register weapons.

Whole lot of negative comments about this app on the Google site, to include several which said that Google is putting itself wide open for a lawsuit if it is proven that any damages occurred because of the app.

When I looked, the app was only rated one star and, had it been possible, would probably have been rated 0 stars.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Banned
    Ain't nothing wrong with this app. I believe in Liberty. Including the Liberty to protect yourself by flooding this app with information as useless as identifying your house as an unsafe gun place.

Respect the author and the user of this app's Liberty--and teach them what Liberty is by effectively using this app.

Gun Geo Marker app tries to locate homes, businesses of gun owners

The news story I read said that this app was not available through the Apple apps store. Don't know if this is because Apple has blocked it, or if they simply didn't code it for Mac. If Apple did block it, then I'm gonna stick with them for my computing needs. Used to use Windows, finally saw the light and switched to Linux, and have an iPhone that works better than my computer. This would give me one more reason to go all with way with Macintosh.

I don't like the idea. I can see the lady next door putting everyone she sees with a gun on there. It opens up for issues with basically slander against people who could be just an ordinary Joe.

Re: Gun Geo Marker app tries to locate homes, businesses of gun owners

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with this app. I believe in Liberty. Including the Liberty to protect yourself by flooding this app with information as useless as identifying your house as an unsafe gun place.

Respect the author and the user of this app's Liberty--and teach them what Liberty is by effectively using this app.
    Hmmm...I know of several police stations that should be reported....just saying...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

"Tag" every address.

This App is junk, useless, and such a wast of time. I find it hard to believe that it has gotten so much unneeded attention.

Addresses of known anti's should be placed on there along with any antigun politician should be but on there and just fake addresses should be added after several million false addresses it well become useless.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

It is indeed dangerous and invasive. What criminals need to know, however, is that the locations immediately surrounding a suspected gun owner are most likely populated with anti-gun nuts with high-priced electronics...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Tag every tree you come across, because the wood can be used to make an evil stock and pistol grip set.

Tag the plumbing sections in every hardware store, because all those steel/iron pipes can be used to make an evil barrel and the copper pipes can be drawn into evil bullet jackets.

Tag every piece of wheel weight lead you can find in the mall parking lot, because that lead can be used to make evil bullets.

Banned
    Tag every GFZ, because that is where guns do their most evil.

Quote Originally Posted by backupid View Post
    ...if we OC in places near home, we might have those follow us to get the address and report...
    I realize you've not answered any of the questions I've asked you in other threads, but I'll try again.

They will follow us and report WHAT exactly? The app implies all those who carry guns or have them in the home are unsafe because of it.

Besides, I heard I am justified in physically assaulting anyone who follows me.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by backupid View Post
    What questions have I not answered? Show me a list, in a PM if you like. Does it really matter what they report? People who have a problem with OC, or a problem with any given person if or not they open carry, the willingness to lie, and an imagination can report any number of things. I won't respond to the last part of your reply as I know a baiting tactic when I see one and now realize I'm speaking with one who probibly likes to follow and report.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...50#post1960050

My post, #23. You only had six posts, it wasn't hard to find.

You have no problem with an app with the obvious purpose of misleading (possibly criminally so) or outright lying (definitely criminally so) about the dangers of mere possession of firearms?

I'm at a loss on your non sequitur that I probably like to follow and report based on my observation that you have publicly posted this as legitimate justification for physical assault.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Re: Gun Geo Marker app tries to locate homes, businesses of gun owners

I tried to use the app to check my house out but it appears you have to be at the location to report it. Idk if it wasn't working right or I did something wrong but I couldn't look at locations other than where I was.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You do know with whom you are corresponding? If you don't, PM me and I will enlighten you.