• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Geo Marker app tries to locate homes, businesses of gun owners

Is it right or wrong to have an APP showing this information?

• It's Right.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • It's Wrong.

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SFCRetired

Whole lot of negative comments about this app on the Google site, to include several which said that Google is putting itself wide open for a lawsuit if it is proven that any damages occurred because of the app.

When I looked, the app was only rated one star and, had it been possible, would probably have been rated 0 stars.

eye95

Ain't nothing wrong with this app. I believe in Liberty. Including the Liberty to protect yourself by flooding this app with information as useless as identifying your house as an unsafe gun place.

Respect the author and the user of this app's Liberty--and teach them what Liberty is by effectively using this app.

fighting_for_freedom

The news story I read said that this app was not available through the Apple apps store. Don't know if this is because Apple has blocked it, or if they simply didn't code it for Mac. If Apple did block it, then I'm gonna stick with them for my computing needs. Used to use Windows, finally saw the light and switched to Linux, and have an iPhone that works better than my computer. This would give me one more reason to go all with way with Macintosh.

mjcromp

I don't like the idea. I can see the lady next door putting everyone she sees with a gun on there. It opens up for issues with basically slander against people who could be just an ordinary Joe.

FreeInAZ

Ain't nothing wrong with this app. I believe in Liberty. Including the Liberty to protect yourself by flooding this app with information as useless as identifying your house as an unsafe gun place.

Respect the author and the user of this app's Liberty--and teach them what Liberty is by effectively using this app.

Hmmm...I know of several police stations that should be reported....just saying... ;)

Troy bilt

This App is junk, useless, and such a wast of time. I find it hard to believe that it has gotten so much unneeded attention.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Addresses of known anti's should be placed on there along with any antigun politician should be but on there and just fake addresses should be added after several million false addresses it well become useless.

since9

Campaign Veteran
It is indeed dangerous and invasive. What criminals need to know, however, is that the locations immediately surrounding a suspected gun owner are most likely populated with anti-gun nuts with high-priced electronics... :)

Barnett3006

Tag every tree you come across, because the wood can be used to make an evil stock and pistol grip set.

Tag the plumbing sections in every hardware store, because all those steel/iron pipes can be used to make an evil barrel and the copper pipes can be drawn into evil bullet jackets.

Tag every piece of wheel weight lead you can find in the mall parking lot, because that lead can be used to make evil bullets.

backupid

I don't see the diffrence between that and many other things already in place on the internet for quite a long time. As to this and what it could mean to the open carryer, well, if we OC in places near home, we might have those follow us to get the address and report. If or not you want to believe in the existance of fusion centers, and all this hopla with the spying through smart meters. We are living in a time where people have the means, and where whatever you do can be in one way or another considered against the law.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...if we OC in places near home, we might have those follow us to get the address and report...

I realize you've not answered any of the questions I've asked you in other threads, but I'll try again.

They will follow us and report WHAT exactly? The app implies all those who carry guns or have them in the home are unsafe because of it.

Besides, I heard I am justified in physically assaulting anyone who follows me.

backupid

I realize you've not answered any of the questions I've asked you in other threads, but I'll try again. They will follow us and report WHAT exactly? The app implies all those who carry guns or have them in the home are unsafe because of it. Besides, I heard I am justified in physically assaulting anyone who follows me.

What questions have I not answered? Show me a list, in a PM if you like. Does it really matter what they report? People who have a problem with OC, or a problem with any given person if or not they open carry, the willingness to lie, and an imagination can report any number of things. I won't respond to the last part of your reply as I know a baiting tactic when I see one and now realize I'm speaking with one who probibly likes to follow and report.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
What questions have I not answered? Show me a list, in a PM if you like. Does it really matter what they report? People who have a problem with OC, or a problem with any given person if or not they open carry, the willingness to lie, and an imagination can report any number of things. I won't respond to the last part of your reply as I know a baiting tactic when I see one and now realize I'm speaking with one who probibly likes to follow and report.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...e-after-trial-has-ended&p=1960050#post1960050

My post, #23. You only had six posts, it wasn't hard to find.

You have no problem with an app with the obvious purpose of misleading (possibly criminally so) or outright lying (definitely criminally so) about the dangers of mere possession of firearms?

I'm at a loss on your non sequitur that I probably like to follow and report based on my observation that you have publicly posted this as legitimate justification for physical assault.

CCinMaine

I tried to use the app to check my house out but it appears you have to be at the location to report it. Idk if it wasn't working right or I did something wrong but I couldn't look at locations other than where I was.

backupid

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...e-after-trial-has-ended&p=1960050#post1960050 My post, #23. You only had six posts, it wasn't hard to find. You have no problem with an app with the obvious purpose of misleading (possibly criminally so) or outright lying (definitely criminally so) about the dangers of mere possession of firearms? I'm at a loss on your non sequitur that I probably like to follow and report based on my observation that you have publicly posted this as legitimate justification for physical assault.

You seem to be putting alot of words in my mouth. I never said I was ok with the app, just pointed out other similar practices.

If a woman is stared at and even followed by a creepy-looking guy, can she evade, lie in wait, and then physically assault him after she got away?

You don't know thats what happened between Travon and George. I don't know what happened. You just want to take George's word it was self defence. I say even if it was, wit we don't know for sure, George went after him first. That should be taken into consideration. My oh my but you seem to be dragging other topics into this one. Now go contact the self rightious blowhard so he can tell you who he thinks I am.