Thread: Android app to list "dangerous" guns and gun owners

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA

Android app to list "dangerous" guns and gun owners

I think that we should all get this app, and mark our homes with the warning that we "Will shoot intruders!"

But maybe we should call their office first to find out if that's okay: (225) 267-7346

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/07/...est=latestnews

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    I think that we should all get this app, and mark our homes with the warning that we "Will shoot intruders!"

But maybe we should call their office first to find out if that's okay: (225) 267-7346

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/07/...est=latestnews
    Or better yet, mark the houses/business that are willing victims (no firearms).

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Re: Android app to list "dangerous" guns and gun owners

I just checked, and according to the app there's no dangerous guns near my house! :jddb:

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    I just checked, and according to the app there's no dangerous guns near my house! :jddb:
    Wow! That's amazing. Like they will do, I've heard of them jumping out of a gun safe and chasing people down the street. You just never know when those evil things are going to do something like that. I want to make sure I know where they all are so I won't get caught driving down a street where guns are located. I'm scared of them.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Or better yet, mark the houses/business that are willing victims (no firearms).

TBG
    One of the national gun sites I was on suggested similar ideas like saying this household no guns, the father of this house is a drunk, this mother of this house is a drug abuser etc basically saying if having "unsafe" (not in a safe) is bad for your children then let's list all the personal traits that could "possibly" be harmful to have your children around.

NAVYBLUE

Wow! That's amazing. Like they will do, I've heard of them jumping out of a gun safe and chasing people down the street. You just never know when those evil things are going to do something like that. I want to make sure I know where they all are so I won't get caught driving down a street where guns are located. I'm scared of them.

TBG
    Went to Stockpile Defense yesterday and a non dangerous Mossberg 590a1 and 250 rounds followed me home.

Re: Android app to list "dangerous" guns and gun owners

Has anyone downloaded and looked at the app lately? It's pretty funny. They no longer list where the guns are, but rather give example of how the app COULD work lol. Looks like gun owners wrote enough letters to make them stop

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Android app to list "dangerous" guns and gun owners

I would imagine there were a few lawyers letting them know they were on a slippery slope as well.

Hi guys, first post.

Yeah this app is being pretty scrutinized. It's original intent was as an anti-gun tool to mark people's homes whom you know own firearms, thus making them dangerous and letting possible criminals download the app and plan some robberies most likely. Since gun owners were leaving the developer some pretty nasty messages, there's now a long letter on the app page stating that law abiding gun owners aren't dangerous and marking people's houses simply because they own guns isn't what the app is for, blah blah blah.

Sometimes the lengths people will go to spread fear for what they simply do not understand is probably a big reason as to why the human race in many ways is still so primitive.

Banned

TBG
    That's what I tell the cops ... "ain't me!"

Wow indeed. Personally, don't know about the rest of yas, but I could handle being on a list called: "WARNING: THESE owners will KILL you for unlawful entry".

I mean seriously, the gun just makes it easier, right

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    "If you're found in here at night, you'll be found in here in the morning."