• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Android app to list "dangerous" guns and gun owners

The Big Guy

I just checked, and according to the app there's no dangerous guns near my house! :jddb:

Wow! That's amazing. Like they will do, I've heard of them jumping out of a gun safe and chasing people down the street. You just never know when those evil things are going to do something like that. I want to make sure I know where they all are so I won't get caught driving down a street where guns are located. I'm scared of them.

TBG

NAVYBLUE

Or better yet, mark the houses/business that are willing victims (no firearms).

TBG

One of the national gun sites I was on suggested similar ideas like saying this household no guns, the father of this house is a drunk, this mother of this house is a drug abuser etc basically saying if having "unsafe" (not in a safe) is bad for your children then let's list all the personal traits that could "possibly" be harmful to have your children around.

NAVYBLUE

28kfps

Wow! That's amazing. Like they will do, I've heard of them jumping out of a gun safe and chasing people down the street. You just never know when those evil things are going to do something like that. I want to make sure I know where they all are so I won't get caught driving down a street where guns are located. I'm scared of them.

TBG

Went to Stockpile Defense yesterday and a non dangerous Mossberg 590a1 and 250 rounds followed me home.

vegaspassat

Has anyone downloaded and looked at the app lately? It's pretty funny. They no longer list where the guns are, but rather give example of how the app COULD work lol. Looks like gun owners wrote enough letters to make them stop

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

40packin

Hi guys, first post.

Yeah this app is being pretty scrutinized. It's original intent was as an anti-gun tool to mark people's homes whom you know own firearms, thus making them dangerous and letting possible criminals download the app and plan some robberies most likely. Since gun owners were leaving the developer some pretty nasty messages, there's now a long letter on the app page stating that law abiding gun owners aren't dangerous and marking people's houses simply because they own guns isn't what the app is for, blah blah blah.

Sometimes the lengths people will go to spread fear for what they simply do not understand is probably a big reason as to why the human race in many ways is still so primitive.

davidmcbeth

Banned

TBG

That's what I tell the cops ... "ain't me!"

mp06011999

Wow indeed. Personally, don't know about the rest of yas, but I could handle being on a list called: "WARNING: THESE owners will KILL you for unlawful entry".

I mean seriously, the gun just makes it easier, right ;)