• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zimmerman trial - more hijinks ! Now DA asks for 3rd degree - after trial has ended

eye95

Self defence? ok, follow a person, watching them as if they were a lowlife criminal, until they get so frustrated that they try to put a stop to the stalking, then shoot them dead and walk free. How dare the kid not want to be treated like a lowlife criminal. Shoot anybody who don't think they are scum and don't think they deserve to be harrassed.

Nice misstatement of the facts in the case.

A couple of things to consider even if your statements are true. (Most are not):

Following does not justify an attack. It isn't even illegal. M attacked Z, after Z stopped following him and was headed back. M was crashing Z's head into the sidewalk, clearly a potentially deadly assault.

Oh, and even though Z was treating M like a suspect (not like a low-life criminal), M was, indeed, a low-life criminal, not the angelic 13-year-old he had been portrayed as during the race-baiting following the incident.

I do owe you an apology. I assumed that you were an alter ego of the troll from CT. Clearly you are not. Based on your user name, I suspect that your account is a second account for a current or former member. The trick is to figure out who.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Self defence? ok, follow a person, watching them as if they were a lowlife criminal, until they get so frustrated that they try to put a stop to the stalking, then shoot them dead and walk free. How dare the kid not want to be treated like a lowlife criminal. Shoot anybody who don't think they are scum and don't think they deserve to be harrassed.

If a woman is stared at and even followed by a creepy-looking guy, can she evade, lie in wait, and then physically assault him after she got away?

since9

Campaign Veteran
The prosecution must prove that it was NOT self-defense for it to be manslaughter.

In a perfect world, with a perfect jury, and a non-biased judge...

In Judge Nelson's court, with her liberal co-conspirator and Holder flunky Angela Corey, who charged Zimmerman in the first place and who has been looking on, I wouldn't be a bit surprised that Nelson's hijinks yesterday and today so adversely influenced the jury to the point where they'll return with a verdict of manslaughter, even though they don't feel right about it.

I've long since learned the way things are supposed to be/happen are often significantly different than the way they are.

backupid

Nice misstatement of the facts in the case.

A couple of things to consider even if your statements are true. (Most are not):

Following does not justify an attack. It isn't even illegal. M attacked Z, after Z stopped following him and was headed back. M was crashing Z's head into the sidewalk, clearly a potentially deadly assault.

Oh, and even though Z was treating M like a suspect (not like a low-life criminal), M was, indeed, a low-life criminal, not the angelic 13-year-old he had been portrayed as during the race-baiting following the incident.

I do owe you an apology. I assumed that you were an alter ego of the troll from CT. Clearly you are not. Based on your user name, I suspect that your account is a second account for a current or former member. The trick is to figure out who.

You don't owe me anything Joe and I'd rather not have my own Zimmerman. For someone who fancys himself the board police, your not very good at it. This ID it not an attempt to hide, just a solution to the fact that for reasons unknown, my posts are not visable to other members, nor to myself unless I'm signed in.

As to this case, I wasn't there and don't know what happened. I do know that the one seen as "suspect" can't now speak for himself. I know how easy it is to see the worst in people because of the way the public in general has been condisioned over the years. I don't want to see this zimmerman guy spend his life in prison, but I also don't want to see him serve no time at all. This was not a case of him minding his own bussiness and being attacked. There are people in prison for life, for just that, minding their own bussiness and having to defend themselves. This guy got into someone else's business, called police on him, that alone could have easally gotten this kid, or another fitting his discription killed, but not good enough for zimmerman I guess.

WalkingWolf

I find it amazing that these people with duplicate/multiple SN's keep outing themselves time and time again. It is like they can't resist it.