Thread: 10 reasons not to talk to the police

10 reasons not to talk to the police

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Banned
    Only 1 is needed: You are a free man, talking to them is not going to make you any free-er !

Old post revisited, we have a lot of new OCers.
    I cannot say too many times "Do not talk to the police, do not ask them if OC is legal", they many times do not know the law and wil give thier opinion.
    If you want to know local laws, look them at the City hall or County Court House. These laws are available to any one during normal hours and the information is free for you
    to look at. Never ask the police!
    While I do not advocate for this law firm the 10 reasons NOT TO talk to the police are good:
    http://www.kirkpiccione.com/10-reasons-not-talk-police/
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Re: 10 reasons not to talk to the police

That article is almost word for word what the Virginia Beach lawyer said on this subject...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Each time I have talked to the police I made sure to talk with city hall first. So far none have tried to lie to me. In fact the Lt.'s I talked to all supported OC.

Quote Originally Posted by 7om5hipp View Post
    Each time I have talked to the police I made sure to talk with city hall first. So far none have tried to lie to me. In fact the Lt.'s I talked to all supported OC.
    You are fortunate to live in an OC friendly City. Some here have been working on getting things better through out the State. Progress is slow but moving. I don't know if you know about the rally Sept. 11th at the capitol at 0900. HB436 is important, go if can possibly can. NO firearms on capitol grounds...

If we get 436 passed, (Veto over ride) next year could be a real winner for OC rights. This is a step toward a much bigger step.

Yeah, I have noticed that the places I carry don't have much in the way of issues. Even the people on the street rarely give me a second glance. I wish everywhere was like that. And yes, I noticed the rally and I am hoping to make it that way for it, so long as we don't end up short handed at work like we have been the past few months.