• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10 reasons not to talk to the police

mspgunner

Old post revisited, we have a lot of new OCers.
I cannot say too many times "Do not talk to the police, do not ask them if OC is legal", they many times do not know the law and wil give thier opinion.
If you want to know local laws, look them at the City hall or County Court House. These laws are available to any one during normal hours and the information is free for you
to look at. Never ask the police!
While I do not advocate for this law firm the 10 reasons NOT TO talk to the police are good:
http://www.kirkpiccione.com/10-reasons-not-talk-police/

7om5hipp

Each time I have talked to the police I made sure to talk with city hall first. So far none have tried to lie to me. In fact the Lt.'s I talked to all supported OC.

mspgunner

Each time I have talked to the police I made sure to talk with city hall first. So far none have tried to lie to me. In fact the Lt.'s I talked to all supported OC.

You are fortunate to live in an OC friendly City. Some here have been working on getting things better through out the State. Progress is slow but moving. I don't know if you know about the rally Sept. 11th at the capitol at 0900. HB436 is important, go if can possibly can. NO firearms on capitol grounds...

If we get 436 passed, (Veto over ride) next year could be a real winner for OC rights. This is a step toward a much bigger step.

7om5hipp

Yeah, I have noticed that the places I carry don't have much in the way of issues. Even the people on the street rarely give me a second glance. I wish everywhere was like that. And yes, I noticed the rally and I am hoping to make it that way for it, so long as we don't end up short handed at work like we have been the past few months.