• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going back in time...

Elm Creek Smith

...on vacation. :uhoh: We're going to Texas for the week, and I'll have to conceal my shooters the whole time. :( After several months of open carrying, I'll have to remember to keep the cover garment over 'em. :p Break out the Hawaiian shirts, baby! We're going to the beach! :cool:

ECS

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
...on vacation. :uhoh: We're going to Texas for the week, and I'll have to conceal my shooters the whole time. :( After several months of open carrying, I'll have to remember to keep the cover garment over 'em. :p Break out the Hawaiian shirts, baby! We're going to the beach! :cool:

ECS

Yeah, I have to go work for a week in San Antonio next month, setting up a new operation. I've already been thinking about getting a new holster for the XDS so I can pull it off. I've not really totally concealed for a full year now.

Elm Creek Smith

What a pain in the @$$ this is. I wore "the vest" down here and switched to a DeSantis IWB once we got here. I put the Taurus in the leather belt bag when we went to the beach today and back to the IWB for dinner. Haven't found anyplace down here with the Texas 30.06 sign yet. Having a great time.
Just uncomfortable.

ECS

Sent from my little slice of Heaven.

Elm Creek Smith

Re: Something I've noticed regarding CC vs OC supporters

Okay, we've established that concealed carry is not as comfortable. Now the good news: I didn't see a single 30.06 sign in Texas! Landry's had a sign about the fines for "unlicensed carry," but that was it!

ECS

Sent from my little slice of Heaven.

Elm Creek Smith

Back home, again. Ditched the vest at the visitor's center just in Oklahoma. Stopped at Braum's in Henryetta for supper, and no one said a thing about my two revolvers.

ECS

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Back home, again. Ditched the vest at the visitor's center just in Oklahoma. Stopped at Braum's in Henryetta for supper, and no one said a thing about my two revolvers.

ECS

Isn't it great to uncover again:lol:. Every spring my wife and I drive to Lubbock to visit the daughter and son-in-law. This year we traveled through 10 states on the round trip, and the only one I had to conceal in was Texas.:(

Elm Creek Smith

Isn't it great to uncover again:lol:. Every spring my wife and I drive to Lubbock to visit the daughter and son-in-law. This year we traveled through 10 states on the round trip, and the only one I had to conceal in was Texas.:(

One of these days...

Air Force in Alaska or Navy on the USS Coral Sea (CV-43)?

ECS