Thread: ADD Another Mississippi Sheriff to the OATH BREAKERS LIST!

ADD Another Mississippi Sheriff to the OATH BREAKERS LIST!

I believe Judge Kidd, D.A. Smith, Sen. Horton and Sheriff Lewis will get their butts collectively handed to them when the supreme court of Ms over turns this activists judges order soon! and I Can't wait! Come on AG Hood and supreme court! but this LOCAL Sheriff ALSO needs to be defeated come re-election! he needs to be reminded of his Oath the U.S. and Mississippi Constitution he swore to defend ! its VERY clear Melvin Brisolara on why you DON'T have the RIght to question me simply cause I have a Gun. I fired off an Email to him reminding him! ... everyone Read along now----

Article 3, Section 12. Right to bear arms.
    The right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, his person, or property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but the legislature may only regulate or forbid carrying concealed weapons.
    SOURCES: 1817 art I 23; 1832 art I 23; 1869 art I 15.

Brisolara said with the new law, officers will not be able to question anyone on the street with a weapon without probable cause, even to ask for their identification. And there's no way of knowing if the person carrying a firearm is a convicted felon, he said. "That's the whole basis of providing security for the community," he said. Brisolara said the legislators making these decisions have not fully thought out all the consequences officers will face. On Friday, Kidd put an injunction on the law until the state Legislature can clarify it. "They're putting an undue burden on front-line officers in the streets," Brisolara said. "We need people to help them (officers) and get clarity of these laws."

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2013/07/12/...#storylink=cpy

I think Mr. Brisolara needs to communicate with colleagues in Constituitonal Carry states and real Open Carry states (which his is trying to become) in order to learn that there are not problems.

And maybe he should read the FBI study (about criminals who had killed LEO) which says that criminals do not carry openly and almost never use holsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by rtd2 View Post
    Brisolara said with the new law, officers will not be able to question anyone on the street with a weapon without probable cause, even to ask for their identification. And there's no way of knowing if the person carrying a firearm is a convicted felon, he said. "That's the whole basis of providing security for the community," he said. Brisolara said the legislators making these decisions have not fully thought out all the consequences officers will face. On Friday, Kidd put an injunction on the law until the state Legislature can clarify it. "They're putting an undue burden on front-line officers in the streets," Brisolara said. "We need people to help them (officers) and get clarity of these laws.
    On the first part, were they doing these kind of illegal terry stops before the new law?? "I can't stop them without probable cause!!" Really??

On the second..This is so ridiculous I cannot address it.

On the third, is following or learning the law an undue burden?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    On the first part, were they doing these kind of illegal terry stops before the new law?? "I can't stop them without probable cause!!" Really??

On the second..This is so ridiculous I cannot address it.

On the third, is following or learning the law an undue burden?
    Cops who feel its a burden? They are free to seek other employment. If they think that they have a safety issue then they should contact OSHA.