Thread: A Post Zimmerman Rant

A Post Zimmerman Rant

The near future: I feel that now, after this acquittal, the witch hunt against us may actually become worse, as the usual suspects have indicated that they'll be going after stand your ground laws (NAACP), as well as attempting to limit the what they deem the over breadth of self defense laws (Nancy Grace, Mayor Bloomberg & their ilk). The Zimmerman case may be a victory for self defense and for gun rights, but it's a short-term setback as far as undue attention from all the wrong people.

So let alone attempts to bring something sensible, like open carry, to the table anytime soon. A few isolated incidents have unfortunately managed to erode our future interests regarding our personal rights. It's a shame, but it'll get worse for a short time before it gets better.

The request aimed at our leaders: As those of us on this board know well, though, eternal vigilance prescribes that it will be time to get out the vote soon enough. At that time, we will need folks to provide guidance regarding how to vote on a widespread basis (meaning on the boards), particularly in the primaries. Guidance from our gun organizations and statesmen and women will allow us to know whom to support financially and with our efforts.

2014: The midterm landslide -- With the right guidance, we'll be able to get good laws and good politicians in place.

Jojo
    Last edited by Jojo712; 07-14-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo712 View Post
    The near future: I feel that now, after this acquittal, the witch hunt against us may actually become worse, as the usual suspects have indicated that they'll be going after stand your ground laws (NAACP), as well as attempting to limit the what they deem the over breadth of self defense laws (Nancy Grace, Mayor Bloomberg & their ilk). The Zimmerman case may be a victory for self defense and for gun rights, but it's a short-term setback as far as undue attention from all the wrong people.
    This case is nothing more than an excuse to do what they do anyway, or to pursue the agenda they wold pursue anyway.

I don't think it will change the fact that gun-control is a political non-starter, especially at the Federal level.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    This case is nothing more than an excuse to do what they do anyway, or to pursue the agenda they wold pursue anyway.

I don't think it will change the fact that gun-control is a political non-starter, especially at the Federal level.
    Plus, it won't take much argument to show that Sharpton, Jackson & Associates are also punishing their own race--when you limit self-defense, you limit it for everybody, not just Hispanic-whites.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Re: A Post Zimmerman Rant

Jojo,

What do you think about Norman v Florida. The case is airtight. Will the courts have the integrity to rule correctly?
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

The GZ case is not about OC and we should ot associate the two. The GZ case is about CC and how GZ used his element of surprise to defend himself. If GZ had been OC and TM had seen his OCd firearm would TM had been as aggressive as it now seems he has been found to be?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The GZ case is not about OC and we should ot associate the two. The GZ case is about CC and how GZ used his element of surprise to defend himself. If GZ had been OC and TM had seen his OCd firearm would TM had been as aggressive as it now seems he has been found to be?
    I disagree, partially. The case was not about open or conceal carry, but was actually putting the SYG doctrine on trial. More than that, it was a politically motivated trial. As I recall, it was night, probably dark, and I doubt TM would have seen GZ's weapon well enough to recognize it.

(Personal opinion follows. These are NOT facts) From all I have heard, GZ did not pull the arm until the point he was on the ground and TM was hitting him. That is the turning point to me. He followed TM, against 911 advice (they said we don't need you to do that, not DON'T do that), and kinda sorta put himself in the situation. Once he was knocked down (however it happened), the whole ball game changed. Fists and feet into your head while in contact with the ground poses a risk of great bodily injury or death...perfect time (if I may use the phrase) to pull your firearm and use it. While I question some of the investigation that followed, it still doesn't change the fact that GZ was justified in his actions. The call from the local PD that it was a good shoot was the right one, everything else was for show.

So, in conclusion, the part I disagree about - the only part - is what the trial was actually about. I can't say if OC or CC would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixael View Post
    The case was not about open or conceal carry, but was actually putting the SYG doctrine on trial.
    SYG had nothing to do with this case.

Claiming plain ole self defense was the correct strategery.

"I thought I was gunna die while TM was banging my head on the cement."

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    The media is unable to quit lying about SYG apparently. There are hundreds of articles online from big outfits claiming it needs to be reexamined. They ignore that SYG had nothing to do with this case.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Ive pondered this same question myself.........

From Obama on down to that special prosecutor Angela ( no angel) Corey - this is more of the assault on the 2nd Amendment-period.

Common sense realizes that Martin WAS in fact ARMED - with his FISTS, and he employed them effectively enough to put Zimmerman on his back for at least 45 seconds while Z called out for help. That is aggravated battery, and imprisonment. Zimmerman had no choice but to "stand - or lay on - his ground" once Martin had him pinned to the ground. Martin could have asked " Had enough ? " - and backed off of Zimmerman at any point during that 45 seconds while Zimmerman called for help, but he didn't - and as a consequence of that choice by Martin - Zimmerman justifiably shot him.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Jojo,

What do you think about Norman v Florida. The case is airtight. Will the courts have the integrity to rule correctly?
    The courts haven't had that integrity yet, but I can wholeheartedly assert that the team of attorneys in place for Mr. Norman (and in turn for all of us) is the best of the breed. Mr. Friday and the team at Florida Carry are nothing but class.

Unfortunately the usual suspects, supra, don't know the difference between OC, CC, GZ, TM: all they see is guns are evil, white folks are evil, and it's their responsibility to get rid of both.

Re: A Post Zimmerman Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo712 View Post
    Unfortunately the usual suspects, supra, don't know the difference between OC, CC, GZ, TM: all they see is guns are evil, white folks are evil, and it's their responsibility to get rid of both.
    +1

The case is no longer about the element of surprise. Thanks to the star witness Rachel Jeantel, we now know that TM thought GZ was a police officer, or security. And most likely believed GZ to be armed, hence the sucker punch. There is no doubt GZ was telling the truth about TM attempting a gun grab. We now have a legitimate case of a gun grab, but on a conceal carrier though. Again proving that people who are most likely to get their gun snatched is police officers. GZ is very lucky to be alive, and the jury can take comfort in knowing they absolutely got it right.

Hopefully we will never hear again what a innocent little boy this young monster was. First he attacks a bus driver, then he attacks someone he thought was a police officer. If the prosecution knew this they should chained in public for display.

If I was in Florida I would urinate on this punks grave. Every police officer there owes GZ a debt of gratitude for possibly saving a police officers life.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 07-17-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    The media is unable to quit lying about SYG apparently. There are hundreds of articles online from big outfits claiming it needs to be reexamined. They ignore that SYG had nothing to do with this case.
    I agree with Marshaul.

The media doesn't understand the difference between full auto and semi-auto.
    The media doesn't understand the difference between a clip and a magazine.
    The media doesn't understand the difference between their a$$ and a hole in the ground, so...
    Why would you assume they understand the difference between self defense and stand your ground?

Quote Originally Posted by jegoodin View Post
    The media doesn't understand the difference between full auto and semi-auto.
    The media doesn't understand the difference between a clip and a magazine.
    The media doesn't understand the difference between their a$$ and a hole in the ground, so...
    Why would you assume they understand the difference between self defense and stand your ground?
    That pretty much sums it up for me, too!

I'll also add that they really don't care to understand the difference. Just get the "news" out and get it first.

Facts? Who needs facts when you've got "live video from the scene" with a reporter who might almost know which end of a gun they should be standing on.

AD
    Last edited by ADulay; 07-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor