Thread: 2013 has been a horrible year for the namby pamby statists

Cool 2013 has been a horrible year for the namby pamby statists

The gun control efforts that observers expected to succeed crashed and burned, and the $hithead in chief threw a hissy fit, as it is used to getting its way and that was its first major instance of being told to fck off; on top of that, Illinois is now a shall issue state, and the public in this country is now even better armed than it was a year ago. The administration has been badly damaged by numerous scandals. Obascumcare is failing before it even begins. Immigration negotiations have been stalling. Their totalitarian environmental agenda is being beaten. Now, their pet lynch mob has been pounded into the ground by the forces of truth (namely, those who donated money so that Zimmerman could afford O'Mara, West, and their associates) and their few recourses are either legally impossible (Florida law grants Zimmerman immunity from a civil suit) or very unlikely (the experts agree that federal charges are very unlikely, and if they tried, there would be political hell to pay).

Last edited by minarchist; 07-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    What a bunch of pointless, disjointed ranting.

Jeezus! The forum software gives you a blog; go post that stuff there.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Thumbs down

Nothing is disjointed. If you use your brain, you will see that the common denominator to everything mentioned in the OP is that it is very bad news for so-called progressives.

Are you a statist? Were the libertarian things that you used to write just a farce?

Banned
    I thought it was a crappy post too. Disjointed, yes. Also unnecessarily vulgar. Some folks think that the more name-calling and the more vulgarity they use, the stronger they make their point.

Quite the opposite.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    Nothing is disjointed. If you use your brain, you will see that the common denominator to everything mentioned in the OP is that it is very bad news for so-called progressives.

Are you a statist? Were the libertarian things that you used to write just a farce?
    Let me make sure I understand this.

You write a disjointed rant with full of emotionalism, and you tell me I need to us my brain?

So much for your credibility.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Just because they haven't done as great of damage as they would have liked to still doesn't mean it was a bad year for them....they did plenty.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)