• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

George Zimmerman to Get His Gun Back

WalkingWolf

Actually I think they have three guns of his~~His Keltec, his wife's gun, and a FN that they took from him when Corey had him arrested.

countryclubjoe

What would be the legal justification for commandeering the wife's gun?

Was the wife denied her 2A right because her husband was accused of a crime? Was the gun registered to MRS Z?
If this info is correct, I suspect additional civil action will be filed against the AG and rightly so.

Best regards

CCJ

Ca Patriot

What would be the legal justification for commandeering the wife's gun?

Was the wife denied her 2A right because her husband was accused of a crime? Was the gun registered to MRS Z?
If this info is correct, I suspect additional civil action will be filed against the AG and rightly so.

Best regards

CCJ

His wife is being charged with perjury.

countryclubjoe

Was the perjury charge in connection to the family's finances? If yes, is simply being charged a legal justification for denying her her right to keep an bear arms? This case seems to have more legal issues each and everyday. Clearly enough legal study for a full semester in law school.

TIA

CCJ

PFC HALE

seems everyone standing to lose out on something being driven by this is shotgunning everything and anything they can at him and his family to get some retribution to against them.

sad to see misuse and abuse of a system meant for justice.

eye95

His wife is being charged with perjury.

Was the gun seized before or after that charge was brought? Hell, has it even been brought (IOW, cite?--not expecting to get one; you don't back up your assertions)?

I suspect it was seized simply because it was available to Z, regardless of ownership. But, unless I can back up an assertion, I am willing to admit that I don't know.