Thread: U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News To Americans

U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News To Americans

"For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government's mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences. But on July 2, that came silently to an end with the implementation of a new reform passed in January. The result: an unleashing of thousands of hours per week of government-funded radio and TV programs for domestic U.S. consumption in a reform initially criticized as a green light for U.S. domestic propaganda efforts. So what just happened?

Until this month, a vast ocean of U.S. programming produced by the Broadcasting Board of Governors such as Voice of America, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty and the Middle East Broadcasting Networks could only be viewed or listened to at broadcast quality in foreign countries. The programming varies in tone and quality, but its breadth is vast: It's viewed in more than 100 countries in 61 languages. The topics covered include human rights abuses in Iran; self-immolation in Tibet; human trafficking across Asia; and on-the-ground reporting in Egypt and Iraq. "

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...s_to_americans

Full text of the Smith-Mundt Act - http://us-code.vlex.com/source/us-co...us-1021/toc/19

Modernization Amendment - http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...12hr5736ih.pdf
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Pravda American Style.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    So they must love us in those 100 countries

Oh, wait .. they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    So they must love us in those 100 countries. Oh, wait .. they don't.
    Now The Federal Executive is makin' it 101.

His administration and lamestream media had already exhausted their emotional-bank account, now they have given overdraft notice. Believe nothing that one reads or hears without verifying it oneself unless it fits your preexisting worldview.

Extra Edition Read All About It! Public Affairs Must Change With Times. defense.gov

News American Forces Press Service Pentagon Spokesman: Public Affairs Must Change With Times

WASHINGTON, July 25, 2013 – The Defense Department is facing a once-in-a-generation change, and its public affairs practitioners around the world need to communicate that change clearly, the Pentagon’s chief spokesman said today.

http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=120522

Re: U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News To Americans

I'm reminded of the fake news casts from cnn during desert storm. I show them to people on YouTube and they can't process it.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.