• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm sick of pro-Zimmerman people saying that the self-defense shooting is "tragic"

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Okay - unless you are a sociophath or psychopath the tragedy is - a family has buried a child. No matter right, wrong, if Tryvann had jumped off a skyscraper would that not too be a tragedy? When one human must take anothers life that is a tradgedy. Even if that person was doing wrong. A jury has ruled that the force used was justified, our system has worked. Now hopefully we as humans can learn from this fiasco of mistakes and make sure we don't repeat it.

+1

It's tragic that nobody raised Martin to know better. Nobody told him that starting fistfights wasn't cool, wasn't a way of standing up for himself, but would get him rapidly into serious trouble. He died because his parents ascribed to the macho BS subculture, and they themselves undoubtedly believe such behavior is "normal".

It's tragic because the scenario is doomed to repeat itself again and again until folks wake up, and start recognizing that assaulting someone isn't a normal or acceptable response to that person annoying you.

At one point in his life, Martin deserved better than his parents were willing to give him. That's tragic.

MamabearCali

+1

It's tragic that nobody raised Martin to know better. Nobody told him that starting fistfights wasn't cool, wasn't a way of standing up for himself, but would get him rapidly into serious trouble. He died because his parents ascribed to the macho BS subculture, and they themselves undoubtedly believe such behavior is "normal".

It's tragic because the scenario is doomed to repeat itself again and again until folks wake up, and start recognizing that assaulting someone isn't a normal or acceptable response to that person annoying you.

At one point in his life, Martin deserved better than his parents were willing to give him. That's tragic.

+1

I have said this too. It is very sad that no one loved Mr. Martin enough to parent him. It is sad that even when caught with stolen goods he was shielded from consequences that could have saved his life. If he had learned self restraint or learned that he could not do everything that came into his mind. If he had been taught there are consequences to actions maybe, just maybe, when he thought about "whooping a$$" he would have thought twice. Sadly no one gave a darn about him till he was dead and that is tragic.

FreeInAZ

Re: I'm sick of pro-Zimmerman people saying that the self-defense

Good to see some here get it. ;) +1 Another thought provoking thread is always a good thing in my book. :D